Author Topic: Auto Reclaimers for 2021 and beyond  (Read 3198 times)

Online Zelko-4-EVA

Re: Auto Reclaimers for 2021 and beyond
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2021, 11:49:21 AM »
Rhino Tech has something like that for around 11k I think. Basically a pressure washer in a box but I haven't heard any reviews on it.

Rhino Techs are made of polyproplene... i wouldnt trust it to last more than 5 years at the volume of screens we go through...

Interesting, I would've thought Polypropylene would be the way to go since it won't wear out from chemicals. We have a Hydroblaster washout booth that was supposed to last forever that is so rusted and filled with holes, it'll likely collapse any day now lol. I won't buy a stainless washout booth ever again.

i have two CPS washout booths made of stainless that havent rusted - one for reclaim/ink removal and one for degreasing and a stainless CCI washout booth for post exposure rinse.

all the stainless ive used have not rusted at all.  i would suspect the grade of stainless matters. 

24 years ago i remember starting in reclaim with poly tanks.  the tanks didnt last that long - cracks on the sides and on the bottom.  i patched them up best i could but years later we replaced them with the CPS booths. 

i wouldnt go back to plastic

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2021, 12:23:30 PM »
research finished!  About to sign up to wait 22 weeks for an Ecotex!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2021, 01:32:55 PM »
research finished!  About to sign up to wait 22 weeks for an Ecotex!

nice!!!
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2021, 02:16:49 PM »
Today's whatsapp chat with a friend over seas. I'm still LOL-ing

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2021, 09:18:22 PM »
there is a lot to be said about pressure washers in a box if the price is right and they last long enough (5 years might be enough for some, but will not be enough for many).

pierre
If you are pressed for space a pressure washer in a box is perfect. The one from Inpro has two settings , one for full power blast for recycling screens the other setting is for developing screens. I don`t mind so much having to put the screens in dip tank first. The most upsetting part to me is having to pressure wash them. The box keeps all the chemicals contained that would otherwise be released into the open in our washout room.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2021, 09:39:21 AM »
Rhino Tech has something like that for around 11k I think. Basically a pressure washer in a box but I haven't heard any reviews on it.

I wanted one of these SO BAD! All we want is a power washer in a box. Well, we want two of them. Rhinotech is like 15 min from us but they said they rarely ever make them because there is no profit in that machine. Told them I would buy one but I needed to see it work first. Dude calls me like 3 months later at like 10am and says we have one there right now for that day only.... I was pissed and passed, but really wish there was a good viable power washer in a box option out there that uses a electric pump and not a air one.

Screen Systems makes auto reclaim units. One for ink and one for emulsion, but they are 1 screen at a time and you need to power was in between. We have the ink one we bought off a shop going out. It is nice and works well, but it would not be realistic for a shop that does plastisol screens all day. On a busy week we have maybe 7 plastisol screens so it is great for us! 
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Admiral

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2021, 05:25:23 PM »
We did change from rollers to statics with the same mesh since the emulsion would stick in the corners (and was bad on the auto coater in the corners).

Tell me more abt this.  We run roller frames primarily in 23x31 and do statics for 25x36 w. permanent blockout.

Loose corners means the auto coater doesn't have as much pressure there and gets extra emulsion build up / drips, we would use a spatula to fix that when coating.  Then when reclaiming in the auto reclaim, there is no 'extra focus' to the pressure washer nozzles, just the set pattern and equal time across the screen so the corners don't get reclaimed quite well enough.  Too much extra, manual work was dedicated to them.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2021, 04:20:24 PM »
We did change from rollers to statics with the same mesh since the emulsion would stick in the corners (and was bad on the auto coater in the corners).

Tell me more abt this.  We run roller frames primarily in 23x31 and do statics for 25x36 w. permanent blockout.

Loose corners means the auto coater doesn't have as much pressure there and gets extra emulsion build up / drips, we would use a spatula to fix that when coating.  Then when reclaiming in the auto reclaim, there is no 'extra focus' to the pressure washer nozzles, just the set pattern and equal time across the screen so the corners don't get reclaimed quite well enough.  Too much extra, manual work was dedicated to them.

Now that our Lotus-Holland is running I totally understand what you mean.  Luckily our corners reclaim fine although we may need to start tape reinforcing them as they tend to get tugged on by the press wash pattern.  Lotsa little details you don't see coming until operating.