Author Topic: Yet another managament program thread  (Read 12978 times)

Offline 1964GN

Re: Yet another managament program thread
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2021, 05:31:13 PM »
Brandt, if you are interested you should reach out to Price It. I think the more they can learn on how we use Monday.com the better. No promises of course but the fact that they called me back about it saying they were "intrigued" gives me some hope.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2021, 07:01:00 AM »
Brandt, if you are interested you should reach out to Price It. I think the more they can learn on how we use Monday.com the better. No promises of course but the fact that they called me back about it saying they were "intrigued" gives me some hope.

I actually like Fast Manager, its not perfect by any means, but I dig it.

If price it figures out how to make Monday work with it id get it a serious look though.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline BorisB

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2021, 07:16:43 AM »
Start here:

1. put together a list of wants & needs.  You will need to remain flexible on this, ranking them isn't a bad idea.

2. Make sure you note what your goals are.  Do you want to streamline ordering/reorders/scheduling?

3. Set a budget, but don't let that be the end all.  Also take things into account like processing fees etc.  Those are likely to go up...at the same time your clerical time should drop dramatically.

4. Test drive the contenders.  Watch all of the videos you can.

5. Nothing is perfect.  You will have to make whatever you get work.  There will always be something missing, but that one missing thing might be overshadowed by a great feature you didn't even know you needed.

Hope this helps

Here is a list of some:
Teesom (what we run)
Precise by Impress
Price-it
Shopworx
Printavo
TeeCal
Shopvox Apparel
Deconetwork
Corebridge
TeeChimp
Cyrious
Stokkup
The Print Life

This is by no means all of them, and some of them may be gone.  I don't know.

Imprintnext is missing. I like their screenshots and webpage.  But not their pricing

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2021, 08:48:52 AM »
Start here:

1. put together a list of wants & needs.  You will need to remain flexible on this, ranking them isn't a bad idea.

2. Make sure you note what your goals are.  Do you want to streamline ordering/reorders/scheduling?

3. Set a budget, but don't let that be the end all.  Also take things into account like processing fees etc.  Those are likely to go up...at the same time your clerical time should drop dramatically.

4. Test drive the contenders.  Watch all of the videos you can.

5. Nothing is perfect.  You will have to make whatever you get work.  There will always be something missing, but that one missing thing might be overshadowed by a great feature you didn't even know you needed.

Hope this helps

Here is a list of some:
Teesom (what we run)
Precise by Impress
Price-it
Shopworx
Printavo
TeeCal
Shopvox Apparel
Deconetwork
Corebridge
TeeChimp
Cyrious
Stokkup
The Print Life

This is by no means all of them, and some of them may be gone.  I don't know.

Imprintnext is missing. I like their screenshots and webpage.  But not their pricing

That pricing isn't bad.  I don't know how they make money with it though.  A one time charge is rare these days.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2021, 09:20:23 AM »
Order My Gear....I asked them about a year or two ago if they ever planned on developing a management tool and at the time, they were not planning on it but I will ask again or keep bugging them until they do. They already have most of the moving parts in play....I'm not an IT guy but I don't understand how every one of these companies miss the mark, do they not talk to shop owners?! I may end up caving and going back to two different programs for apparel and signs... which is not ideal in any way
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2021, 12:03:32 PM »
Imprintnext- $4k one time for all that?  I think that's a screaming deal if it works.  Will look into this one further soon.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2021, 03:15:39 PM »
Just did a zoom with PriceIt and I have to say, it ticks off most of the boxes for us.

It does for a lot of people.  My big hang-up years ago was 17 line items for an invoice.  Did they fix that? 

It's a good program.

25 now lol

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2021, 08:17:43 PM »
YoPrint is another one to check out. We tried it right before the pandemic hit and at that point put the breaks on everything. But its pretty robust and the tech support was super responsive.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Offline Larz

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2021, 01:38:02 PM »
Hey folks. We use PriceIt in our shop. Full disclosure: We developed it. Not gonna go into a bunch of salesy talk here but just reach out to us at https://www.PriceItSoftware.com if you're interested. Thanks!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2021, 01:41:52 PM »
Hey folks. We use PriceIt in our shop. Full disclosure: We developed it. Not gonna go into a bunch of salesy talk here but just reach out to us at https://www.PriceItSoftware.com if you're interested. Thanks!

hey Larz, you should start a thread about your software and get ppl talking about it. Might get some good suggestions or answer the questions about the features.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Larz

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2021, 01:42:55 PM »

hey Larz, you should start a thread about your software and get ppl talking about it. Might get some good suggestions or answer the questions about the features.

pierre

I love that idea. Am I allowed to do that here?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2021, 01:45:13 PM »

pierre

I love that idea. Am I allowed to do that here?

absolutely! welcome to promote the product as long as it's done politely. You can start thread to discuss the features or what ever else you want.

You can post advertising in the advertising section.

Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2021, 08:36:58 AM »
I don't want to speak for the group, but I find a forum like this one is a great place to promote your product, but also to answer any questions related to it.

There are a lot of outdated opinions on software because they are updated(or should be) frequently.  It's nice to have the developers here to explain what has changed and why things work a certain way.

Offline Larz

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2021, 01:25:11 PM »
Just did a zoom with PriceIt and I have to say, it ticks off most of the boxes for us.

It does for a lot of people.  My big hang-up years ago was 17 line items for an invoice.  Did they fix that? 

It's a good program.

We did address the 17 line items. It's now 25. (among other really really cool stuff)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2021, 09:56:22 AM »

It's a good program.

Should be unlimited, just sayin'  I've had some $30,000 invoices that were easily 75 line items by the time everyone ordered 2-5xl, ladies, different colors, etc.  and T-quoter handled it just fine...and that program hasn't changed much since 2006.

We did address the 17 line items. It's now 25. (among other really really cool stuff)