Author Topic: Yet another managament program thread  (Read 12753 times)

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Yet another managament program thread
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2021, 09:36:50 AM »
We use Fast Manager still, which is the precursor to Teesom. Like it, don't love it.

I wanted to like Printavo, but every time I try it im hit with another reason it don't work for me.

That was my exact take on Printavo.

Homer is exactly right on Shopvox/Signvox.  I swear no one there thinks in a linear fashion.

Teesom needs to improve scheduling, I would agree.  They just upgraded their order module so I can order shirts from any vendor that carries them rather than the catalog I quoted from.  That has been a HUGE help with the shirt shortages.  My understanding is they are working on UPS/Fedex integration now...which will also be a big one for us.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2021, 08:11:26 PM »
We have tried a few different software companies in the past few years and the one thing that has been a issue is scheduling different process's on different days on our calender/schedule.
For examples client "A" wants 1000 shirts printed and folded but we need to do this on different dates. If our project managers are slammed and forget to reassign the folding, that causes some major issues in our timelines and the calendar is a major portion in what system we use.  Out of the choices in the previously replies, does anyone have any success in multiple scheduling for one PO?

I call these "Production Groups" and they are key to successful scheduling in any shop that might take in 500 shirts and then screen print, sew, tagless label, fold, bag, tag, label, etc. before sending back out the door.  Everyone that is doing more than one thing to the product they receive is working in Production Groups, whether they know it or not.

Sadly, this concept is absent from nearly every app that I've trialed.   Inksoft does now have them in their production module but, like any of the apps, it's missing some basics on the production side.   To be fair, it is a challenge to create a gui that will successfully visualize this to humans but I think it's one that can be met...or perhaps we don't need to successfully visualize all these Production Groups at this point because any robust software utilizing them could take great advantage of even rudimentary AI and machine learning to do the heavy lifting and then distill it down into a simplified visual for humans.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2021, 08:16:06 PM »
the biggest issue with all of these softwares, is that textile screen printing, quite frankly, just doesn't really generate enough money to really dive into these areas.

Printavo in my opinion seems to be the most forward thinking of them all, but even they'll agree they are missing some really key and crucial components. I have seen the roadmap, and it is being worked on though.

In the past 6 months i've begun implementing Shopworks, and Impress, and i gotta say, i was super unimpressed with both, and am actively looking for another solution.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2021, 07:53:37 AM »
When someone properly figures out how to be Monday.com, Flock/Slack, and Fast Manager/Teesom/Printavo all in one........ They gonna own it all.

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline GoWestRob

• !!!
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2021, 11:00:23 AM »
Monday.com + Google Calendar integration + Quickbooks works out fantastic for us.  Dive deep into all of the features of Monday.com and you can structure it the best for your shop.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2021, 11:24:50 AM »
we use Monday.com and Price it -(Price it for maybe 8-10 years.)

One reason I like price it. If I need anything I call, and I talk directly to them.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2021, 06:25:29 PM »
the biggest issue with all of these softwares, is that textile screen printing, quite frankly, just doesn't really generate enough money to really dive into these areas.

It's true.  I've reached out to other co.'s that make wonderful apps for other industries and there's just zero reason for them to touch a market like ours even if it's just adapting their core to it. 

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2021, 07:39:44 PM »

It's true.  I've reached out to other co.'s that make wonderful apps for other industries and there's just zero reason for them to touch a market like ours even if it's just adapting their core to it.

Seems so dumb, between the 13+ listed on this thread they all suck and miss the mark when our industry is so simple.  Why there can't be one that actually listens to their customer to make what is needed...

I feel like there is so much money to be made with a SAAS that charges small transaction fees at order processing, shipping, ordering blanks, so you don't even feel like you are paying for it could extract a good amount of money without even having to do $78 a month or $750 a month or whatever these things are charging.  YTD we have had ~1600 invoices, with ~450 being over 1k, for a good system I would pay $2-3 per invoice over $1000 and $1 under 1000 if it could automate a lot of the processing / invoicing / notifications, ect.  Or YTD $2050 just from ordering and in this model I didn't even feel like I was paying as it was a pass through at the time of invoicing, vs ~$1800 we've paid for Impress which is a turd.  I'd pay more if it happened at the moment of truth, $50k a year is scary, potentially 50,000 $1 fees for processing a invoice online is not, we succeed so would the software company.

So there is enough business to support 13+ shitty systems, but nobody is interested in just making one good one.

I'm surprised Sanmar or S&S doesn't tackle this project, they could charge a margin to automate ordering through their competitor and make some money rather than no money, and they have developers already that could build something, as well as it would bring more business for themselves if it made it easier.  The reason I sell product from S&S the most is because their website is the best, and product shots are the best.

A pay as you go model that the customer is actually covering the cost of the software at the point of payment / shipping / purchasing / could be super profitable, instead we have a bunch of shitty programs that so miss the mark. 

Here is another not listed previously - https://hoopscrm.com

apologies my writing is all scattered, I just rage that there is no company that listens to their customers or no developers that are interested in building something simple and functional for decorators that do more than one embellishment per order. 

Offline GoWestRob

• !!!
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2021, 11:27:07 AM »
I don't see anything getting us off of quickbooks.  There's all of the accounting tools, we do our payroll through there, it allows us to easily deduct our health insurance and retirement plans from paychecks...I don't see how a screenprinting specific system can incorporate all of that powerful stuff that you need to run a business.  I think we'll always need two systems here, one for the business-heavy stuff, one for the scheduling.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2021, 11:44:04 AM »
I don't see anything getting us off of quickbooks.  There's all of the accounting tools, we do our payroll through there, it allows us to easily deduct our health insurance and retirement plans from paychecks...I don't see how a screenprinting specific system can incorporate all of that powerful stuff that you need to run a business.  I think we'll always need two systems here, one for the business-heavy stuff, one for the scheduling.

I agree, QB has waay too much in it so any solution would be inferior to it. Most of the programs sync with it already so there is really no need to reinvent the wheel.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2021, 11:46:35 AM »

Seems so dumb, between the 13+ listed on this thread they all suck and miss the mark when our industry is so simple.  Why there can't be one that actually listens to their customer to make what is needed...

I feel like there is so much money to be made with a SAAS that charges small transaction fees at order processing, shipping, ordering blanks, so you don't even feel like you are paying for it could extract a good amount of money without even having to do $78 a month or $750 a month or whatever these things are charging.  YTD we have had ~1600 invoices, with ~450 being over 1k, for a good system I would pay $2-3 per invoice over $1000 and $1 under 1000 if it could automate a lot of the processing / invoicing / notifications, ect.  Or YTD $2050 just from ordering and in this model I didn't even feel like I was paying as it was a pass through at the time of invoicing, vs ~$1800 we've paid for Impress which is a turd.  I'd pay more if it happened at the moment of truth, $50k a year is scary, potentially 50,000 $1 fees for processing a invoice online is not, we succeed so would the software company.

So there is enough business to support 13+ shitty systems, but nobody is interested in just making one good one.

I'm surprised Sanmar or S&S doesn't tackle this project, they could charge a margin to automate ordering through their competitor and make some money rather than no money, and they have developers already that could build something, as well as it would bring more business for themselves if it made it easier.  The reason I sell product from S&S the most is because their website is the best, and product shots are the best.

A pay as you go model that the customer is actually covering the cost of the software at the point of payment / shipping / purchasing / could be super profitable, instead we have a bunch of shitty programs that so miss the mark. 

Here is another not listed previously - https://hoopscrm.com

apologies my writing is all scattered, I just rage that there is no company that listens to their customers or no developers that are interested in building something simple and functional for decorators that do more than one embellishment per order.

I actually would not like that and probably would not sign up for it if at have a choice. We are close to spending a $1k each month for various subscriptions and that's for non activity based. If we went the other way, we would be spending a lot more.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2021, 11:49:02 AM »
Just did a zoom with PriceIt and I have to say, it ticks off most of the boxes for us.

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2021, 12:13:30 PM »
Just did a zoom with PriceIt and I have to say, it ticks off most of the boxes for us.

It does for a lot of people.  My big hang-up years ago was 17 line items for an invoice.  Did they fix that? 

It's a good program.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2021, 03:39:44 PM »

It does for a lot of people.  My big hang-up years ago was 17 line items for an invoice.  Did they fix that? 

It's a good program.

I'll let you know soon. We just pulled the trigger with them. Also, they are very interested in the connecting with monday.com concept. They are going to remote in tomorrow to see how we use it.

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2021, 04:20:26 PM »

It's a good program.

IMO monday is key, if someone can link those 2 up seemlessly its going to be epic.

I'll let you know soon. We just pulled the trigger with them. Also, they are very interested in the connecting with monday.com concept. They are going to remote in tomorrow to see how we use it.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube