Author Topic: New (to me) wax CTS  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: New (to me) wax CTS
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2021, 04:07:47 PM »
Aaron you must be good on the technical side.     I could never have installed my Douthitt without help from them.      I checked the market really well before buying.    I'm in Israel and my nearest service is in Detroit.     I heard good things about Douthitt's service and must say they are unbelievable, I am 7 hrs ahead and if a have a problem in the morning our time I send a what's up and I get replies from Mark in the middle of the night Detroit time.      I would reach out to them, this is a sophisticated machine that needs professional back up.
When I ordered the unit I flew to Detroit and learned how to operate and serice it, I also went to a week end seminar on the unit at Greg Kitsons shop.      Jason Vanick explained to us how to set up the linerizaton.     He printed a test image onto a good quality paper and them read the %'s with a reflection densitometer and made corrections.       I don't have a reflection densitometer so I dialed in his settings and they work well for me.     You can do your own testing but I think there are so many variables that will change your printed test.
1 I'm sure Douthitt will help you with the switch to M&R.
2 We also put two images on one screen, two pockets or front and back.    We just flip the screen, I don't think you'd be able to get good registration doing it in the computer.
3 We have statics, much cheaper.     We restrech in house.      We have about 300 frames and that's a big difference in price.     I suprised more people don't stretch in house.
4 Mark will know about the vacuum leak.
5 I tape the 21 step wedge on the screen, cover half the wedge with tape of put tape only on the ends.    Works well.
6 CTS is another world, I was told how much time it saves but didn't realize how much.     We do a lot of repeat orders and it's so easy, we just drag the ready graphics to the Xitron and off we go.
No filing system for films and I'd be happy not to see another Epson again.      (We still have one as a back up and for Sublimation).        I kept my exposure unit as a back up.   You could move it to a store.     I have not had to use mine in two years.   Forgot to mention, no pinholes.       I expose with a Saati lamp I built into a box without glass.
Welcome to the world of CTS.

Great post!   Thank Maxie. Nice stuff.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850