Author Topic: MHM X-Type vs M&R Sportsman  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Pangea

• !!!
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
MHM X-Type vs M&R Sportsman
« on: April 09, 2021, 12:53:58 PM »
Looking for some opinions, X-Type 10/12 vs Sportsman 8/10. We're looking at our first auto (used) and wanted to see what the consensus is. I'm thinking any auto is better than keeping on with the 6/6 Chameleon.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: MHM X-Type vs M&R Sportsman
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 02:05:00 PM »
Our Synchro S-type is over 20 years old and still running great. You would want the registration unit for it as well, it's well worth it.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 02:20:34 PM »
I have not used either but my knee jerk would be to go with more colors. I have never said... "the only thing that would make this job faster/better would be 2 less print heads".
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 02:34:50 PM »
If buying used definitely do your research on both presses. I would say the access to techs/service is most important when buying used. If going new, more colors is definitely a plus but like you said anything is better then continuing with the manual. Also if going new, I would skip the Sportsman and go right for the Cobra. Price difference isn't big enough to not get a Cobra in my opinion.

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 05:12:46 PM »
Sounds like used is what he wants and someone like Bill Foust (SC) is an excellent consideration for parts and service for M&R. He refurbishes and stands by what he sells vs buying direct ie buyer beware quite often