Author Topic: Happy 10th birthday (???)  (Read 997 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Happy 10th birthday (???)
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2021, 03:09:28 PM »
that sumbitch came to my shop once....he just showed up.... I wanted to buy a 10 color Falcon I think and Don Fenno was contacted by the nameless mattress salesman and messed up my deal, or something like that. I just remember being pissed  ;D

I remember that Sic graphics guy haha, dude was intense.

Whatever happened to Preston? there were a bunch of dudes from back in the day.

Last I heard, he had licked both heart and cancer problems.

Killer and Preston I believe have both passed away.

Yep Sic Graphics was something special. Remember his icon image clear as day

Johnny (Killer Graphics) did pass sadly. But I do think that Preston is still out and about. I had seen something posted by him just a month ago, but one never knows. Could aha passed within a months time.

The original reason or not wanting to even mention his name is because we didn’t want to be added to or give him any more air time to any SEO. No association.

Really wow. I distinctly remembering something about Preston. Was it a major health episode?

I think that at some point I read that he had suffered and he had licked both heart and cancer problems.

Correct.  I was just on his Facebook page. He mentioned he’s not been on FB for a long time and just posted and update on Feb. 2021. Did have heart failure and lung cancer in 2019-2020 and has beat both of those.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2021, 04:31:13 PM »
2020 was nothing to play with so many people dead, and seem like out of nowhere, I treasure everyday I get to open my eyes :)
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2021, 05:18:11 PM »
2020 was nothing to play with so many people dead, and seem like out of nowhere, I treasure everyday I get to open my eyes :)

Bingo. Totally

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2021, 06:09:27 PM »
Even without the pandemic, I was reminded of the fragility of life and how grateful I am for good health at my age, aches and pains notwithstading. I recently re-connected with an old friend of 55 years, with whom I lost touch for the last thirty.
Going down our list of friends, it was staggering how many have passed.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Northland

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2021, 10:17:25 PM »

[/quote]

Was is that Brad/SickGraphx guy?  I vaguely remember that.  The only thing I remember from that guy is when he told someone to mix chemicals that would have killed them.
[/quote]

Yep.... there was a newbie printer asking about substitute emulsion removers. Sic told him to use a mixture of bleach and ammonia, which of course can be really toxic.

Offline Du Manchu

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2021, 08:07:59 AM »
Happy Birthday to the forum and group. What a blessing.  Although I rarely post, I am on here daily finding solutions and relief to know I am not on an island alone in this world of screen printing. 

The nameless mattress man has graced my building once in 2013.  Aware and wary, I survived the whirlwind “industry knowledge”....mostly.   We did get a lot of work off our 2006 Rhino, but she sees little action now, as the Sportsman gets all the love.  I guess when I entered the biz in 2012, it was the tail-end of his reign of deceit upon the industry. 

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2021, 10:14:30 AM »
asdf came in here a couple of times.  He was trying to get that press launched and was working on talking me into one.  I listened more as a way to just keep the peace but there isn't a way I would have bought one.

There are enough crooks in this industry, I didn't need to knowingly get involved with one.

Offline Du Manchu

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2021, 07:25:47 AM »
....upon reread and in my own defense, I bought the Rhino used from a TSB member.  I summoned the mattress man for some tech help with the press. He was indeed a smooth and fast talker and can see how he took a lot of folks money, but none of mine.   Overall the press served me well, for many years, and maybe a few more.  It did have quite a few cool tech features for 2006.

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2021, 08:30:31 AM »
LOL, I remember some of this drama. I think I was still printing out of my apartment doing reclaim in my bathtub haha. Never really knew what the drama was about, but I do remember stalking the old board. TSMB was it? Have learned so much from ya'll, wouldn't have made it otherwise TBH. Happy Birthday!

On a side note, whatever happened to gig posters? They used to be my go to resource when we still printed flat stock. But it looks like its been totally erased from the interwebs. They had some really great flat stock printers / artists there.