Author Topic: PriceIt Software - Shop Management Software  (Read 3916 times)

Offline Larz

• Verified/Junior
PriceIt Software - Shop Management Software
« on: April 19, 2021, 02:57:40 PM »
Hey folks, I was encouraged by Blue Moon (Thank you!) to start a thread about PriceIt Software.

We’ve been in the Shop Management Software game for a long time. I think one of the reasons we’re still around is probably because we actually listen to our customers. We’re not just sitting around programming what we think you might need. Our solution comes from over 30 years of Screen Printing and Embroidery experience – as well as the input of our customers all over the world.

You can check out our website here: https://priceitsoftware.com/
Setup a webinar/demo here: https://calendly.com/priceit
Watch a recorded live demo here: https://priceitsoftware.com/watch-demo/

You could always just ask questions here! Ask away!

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: PriceIt Software - Shop Management Software
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 03:07:47 PM »
Do you have a square foot pricing calculator? We are a full sign shop too so that is extremely important. We have used Signvox in the past and I break out in cold sweats thinking about navigating that mess of a program.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 03:16:41 PM »
Do you have any videos of your print product department workflow?

I'm curious to see how you all operate that, since it's not a linear flow.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 03:42:43 PM »
We've been using PriceIt for probably close to 15 years. Works real nice for us, there is probably 70% of it that we don't use or know how to use and it is still great. People there are AWESOME. Let me repeat how AWESOME they are. Couple custom mods they have made for us in literally under 10 min so it works better for how we run things in our shop.

Highly recommended!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 04:34:35 PM »
We tried it, but staff just absolutely hated it. I don't think they were giving it a fair chance, but we stopped using it. What I didn't like was having to buy multiple copies of FileMaker, one for each user, which I found kind of expensive. However, I thought it was pretty good, and liked what it's possibilities were, but it wasn't worth the in-shop hassle.
I don't mean to put it down at all, but be aware of the FileMaker purchases, unless it's changed since then, 5 years ago.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 05:36:44 PM »
We tried it, but staff just absolutely hated it. I don't think they were giving it a fair chance, but we stopped using it. What I didn't like was having to buy multiple copies of FileMaker, one for each user, which I found kind of expensive. However, I thought it was pretty good, and liked what it's possibilities were, but it wasn't worth the in-shop hassle.
I don't mean to put it down at all, but be aware of the FileMaker purchases, unless it's changed since then, 5 years ago.

Steve

You don't need to do that anymore. It is included.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 08:54:29 PM »
Compatible with OSX or is this windows only?

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2021, 06:07:47 AM »
Compatible with OSX or is this windows only?

Yes, it can be installed on Mac and Windows.

Offline Larz

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2021, 09:17:29 AM »
Do you have a square foot pricing calculator? We are a full sign shop too so that is extremely important. We have used Signvox in the past and I break out in cold sweats thinking about navigating that mess of a program.

Hey thanks for asking. We do not have a square foot calculator.

Offline Larz

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2021, 10:06:32 AM »
Do you have any videos of your print product department workflow?

I'm curious to see how you all operate that, since it's not a linear flow.

Great question. You're right - production doesn't always flow in a linear manner. That's why it's difficult to develop software that's a "one size fits all." Everyone's workflow is different. We have developed several automations, email alerts, as well as assignable tasks to keep things moving through the pipeline. Here is a live demo that was recorded that outlines some of what I mentioned: https://youtu.be/HO0N-4E6k7I

Offline Larz

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2021, 10:09:13 AM »

Steve

Hey Steve - I'd love to show you the new version. It's much easier to use now and has tons of features your staff is going to love. Shoot me a PM or give us a call.

Offline Larz

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2021, 10:11:09 AM »
We've been using PriceIt for probably close to 15 years. Works real nice for us, there is probably 70% of it that we don't use or know how to use and it is still great. People there are AWESOME. Let me repeat how AWESOME they are. Couple custom mods they have made for us in literally under 10 min so it works better for how we run things in our shop.

Highly recommended!

Thank you Alex for the kind words and support! Give me a call and we'll see if we can help you use more of the program. What version are you on?

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2021, 10:17:44 AM »
Is it cloud based?
Is there a customer portal to retrieve current and historical invoices and order details?
Can customers approve mock ups through the system?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Offline rusty

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2021, 12:37:04 PM »
yeah I am intereste in customer portal also. Not make or break though.

I do like the out sourcing button option. an the enless pricing matrices.

Printavo is lacking there among many other areas.

Offline Larz

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2021, 12:57:53 PM »
Is it cloud based?
Is there a customer portal to retrieve current and historical invoices and order details?
Can customers approve mock ups through the system?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

It a hybrid system in that it is web-based however you need to have some supporting software installed. We do also have a browser-based version for sales staff as well. We do have a bi-directional artwork proofing system in place that sends you and email and changes the status automatically in PriceIt when a customer interacts with the proof. Proofs can be emailed -or- texted with integrated Twilio sms.