Author Topic: Choke for vector  (Read 702 times)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Choke for vector
« on: April 21, 2021, 03:30:14 AM »
I have an old blog on chokes for underbase.
Seems to be the average is .75pt.
I am using Corel so when I mark behind fill I am getting half of .75pt choke.
Is this correct?
Another question is what happens when your graphics already has an outline?
Say black lettering with a black outline make it bolder.     If you choke the outline that already exists, the result will be different to a choke on graphics that does not have an outline?
How do you handle this?
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Choke for vector
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 09:18:43 AM »
Maxie
not sure I understand your question but have a look here.
To trap or choke we do not use the outline feature instead we apply a contour feature as shown in the image here.
It gives you the option of adding area to the inside or outside of an object or text.
Breaking the contour apart separates the two objects.
A .01 contour is the same as a .75 outline.
Hope this helps.
mooseman

DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline aauusa

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 09:33:59 AM »

Yes choking an object with an outline is different than one without.  in your example I would  covert the outline to an object and then do the choke.  but usually I would do a contor rather than a outline as they are easier to manipulate.  another thing i do not use the behind fill for my choke.

rather i make a duplicate of the image I am doing and then add an outline(my choke) to the areas I need a choke on   like the pic attached.  the columbia area is white base with a .75 outline(choke)  and the fill is 70%

Online Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 04:50:17 PM »
Another question is what happens when your graphics already has an outline?
Say black lettering with a black outline make it bolder.     If you choke the outline that already exists, the result will be different to a choke on graphics that does not have an outline?
How do you handle this?
In that case  we use pathfinder and turn it all into a fill then choke it. I don’t like working with objects of mixed appearance.