Author Topic: 55/90/55 squeegee  (Read 6577 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
55/90/55 squeegee
« on: April 03, 2011, 09:34:21 PM »
just bought a roll of 55/90/55 squeegee material.
'very, very impressed. What we used to have to stroke twice are now doing it in one swipe. It lays down the same amount of ink the a single dure 80 does in two swipes.
We started using it about a month ago and as of right now I can't see myself going back!

made by: Fimor
I don't think the sell direct, but if your supplier does not carry it, let me know. I can get you in touch with the US rep.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Sparkie

Re: 55/90/55 squeegee
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 11:58:57 AM »
Pierre, I'd be interested in trying some for myself, so please do let me know where I can pick some up.
- Mark

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 12:08:13 PM »
multicraft downtown is a dealer for fimor. give them a call. If they can't help PM and I'll see what I can do.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 12:35:50 PM »
whenever you're ready my man. We had an issue with the bevels yesterday on detail loss. changed to a triple and solved it but I am still happy with the bevels, can't wait to try this one.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 01:29:44 PM »
I got one of these triples and I love it.  It doesn't put down as much as the beveled blades but it doesn't cause the loss of detail you get with the beveled.  We're wearing our one 55/90/55 out right now.  We've used it for everything with white ink since we got it.  I'd be interested in trying something with a slightly lower middle duro as well, maybe an 80 or even 70.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline squeegee

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 01:36:49 PM »
Do you guys think 55/90/55 would be appreciably softer than 60/90/60?  Anybody used both?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 01:41:05 PM »
from what I was told and the sample I was shown, yes there is a difference. Is it enough to warrant a switch? dunno . . . I have straight up single duro 60's and the difference is more than noticeable.

pierre

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 01:42:44 PM »
Do you guys think 55/90/55 would be appreciably softer than 60/90/60?  Anybody used both?

Probably wouldn't notice much of a difference, maybe under a loupe or a thickness gauge, but not by eye or touch.

Pierre, how does the triple 55 compare to the single 60?  Does the triple put down more than the single?
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ftembroidery

• !!!
  • Just got new glasses, but I'm still disillusioned
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 04:46:17 PM »
I don't have an auto, but what I've used was single 70 and also 75/90/75 Serilor.  With the triple I was able to print much finer detail without nearly as much dot gain.  In fact, I even surprised Dottonedan with the detail I was able to hold on a manual.
Grant me the ability to change the things I can, the strength to accept the things I cannot and the wisdom to recognize the difference.

Offline Sparkie

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 07:21:23 PM »
Thanks Pierre. I'll check in with MultiCraft on Friday when I go to pick up some other supplies. I'll let you know how it works out for me.
- Mark

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 07:31:36 PM »

Probably wouldn't notice much of a difference, maybe under a loupe or a thickness gauge, but not by eye or touch.

Pierre, how does the triple 55 compare to the single 60?  Does the triple put down more than the single?

much, much more.

Offline squeegee

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 06:10:37 AM »
from what I was told and the sample I was shown, yes there is a difference. Is it enough to warrant a switch? dunno . . . I have straight up single duro 60's and the difference is more than noticeable.

pierre

It's worth a shot I think on the 55's then, we dig the 60/90/60's big time.  Having a variety of squeegees around sometimes is just what the doc ordered.

Haven't had much luck with single 60's for plastisol though, what are you using yours for?  We use ours sometimes on large coverage WB, but still tend to prefer the 60/90/60's.

Offline Fimor

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 10:14:59 AM »
Hi, my name is Brigitte and I am the sales rep. for Fimor who is the manufacturer of the triple durometer TXS3 squeegee blade in 55/90/55 duometer. This squeegee blade was disigned for first down plastisol white, high density, gels, heavy ink deposit.
If you would like me to send you a sample of this new TXS3, please send me an e-mail with your contact information. We would really appreciate it if you could send us your feedback about t :D :)his product after you had a chance to test it. My e-mail is btd@fimor.fr 

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 10:19:40 AM »
Hey Brigitte,

thanx for stopping by and introducing yourself.

Welcome to our little corner of the internet!

pierre

Offline Sparkie

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 12:27:50 PM »
Multicraft did not have 55/90/55 so I went with the 60/90/60 and ... WOW! I am amazed at how nice it lays down the ink. Just like you said Pierre, 1 stroke with 60/90/60 tri duro = 2 strokes with 80 duro.

Thanks again for this time saving tip Pierre :)
- Mark