Author Topic: ? About Pressing Patches on Caps  (Read 1578 times)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
? About Pressing Patches on Caps
« on: February 21, 2012, 02:04:17 PM »
Working on a bid that has all kinds of things in it and a small part of it is pressing customer provided patches on the cap front.  We have never done this, we don't have a cap press yet, I don't really know where to price this because I don't know how long it takes to do one cap.  Has anyone done this recently that could give me a round about time to press one patch to one cap?  It will make a huge difference in how I price this part of the bid if it takes 5 seconds or 1 minute.  Screen printed transfers take 5 seconds, sublimated shirts take 50 seconds, what about cap patches?

Thanks y'alls, much appreciated!!!
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: ? About Pressing Patches on Caps
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 02:12:26 PM »
You need to get the exact heat and time from the manufacturer, but I'm guessing about 350 for around 30 seconds
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 02:51:10 PM »
That's the problem, they are providing the patches.  I'll try to find out the details on the product.

I was hoping that a typical time would be closer to a screen printed transfer.  5 seconds will mean a much, much cheaper price than 30 seconds.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 02:54:48 PM »
I can usually do a case of 144 in about 2 hours.....

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 03:19:34 PM »
I'm looking at numbers for embroidered patches like the initials from Stahls, or the Little League shoulder patches.
At any rate, whenever someone is supplying this type of thing to you, it is their responsibility to come up with the application instructions. Whoever actually ordered them must have this, or can get it.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 03:19:54 PM »
I can usually do a case of 144 in about 2 hours.....

Awesome, thanks Frog and royster, I'm gaining confidence in a price.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 03:50:30 PM »
Hey Alan, their patch supplier will give them the time and temp. We have a nice Hotronix we picked up cheap on eBay, very easy to work with, and maybe 45 seconds per, with the wrestling and all...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't