Author Topic: Shirt smells  (Read 1258 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Shirt smells
« on: February 24, 2012, 10:31:48 AM »
We printed some shirt yesterday that had a strong bleach smell at the end of the dryer and then other times on 4 to 5x shirts have like a oily smell anyone encounter this allso.

Darryl
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:55:55 AM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline cattees

• Verified/Junior
Re: Shirt smells
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 10:54:00 AM »
If the shirts don't smell before they go in your dryer, maybe there's something going on in the dryer since they come out smelling.  Not sure what that might be, but we had musty smelling shirts that we put in our clothes dryer with a bunch of fabric softener sheets to make them smell better.  That might help a bit.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 11:15:56 AM »
We printed some shirt yesterday that had a strong bleach smell at the end of the dryer and then other times on 4 to 5x shirts have like a oily smell anyone encounter this allso.

Darryl

Were they Gildans? Perhaps you were burning off the oil stains...... ;D
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 12:32:02 PM »
LOL... I thought this thread was going to be about how some customers bring in unwashed, smelly shirts and hats for art repro samples.  ;D
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 12:56:40 PM »
Command I know all about that, did them and yep heat brings out the hidden funk or whatever they wash and dry there clothes in.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 02:24:08 PM »
I was thinking the same thing as Z...  Did the college rugby team practice jerseys years back... after the first practice.   
As much as I joke about print runs making me sick, no other order has actually physically made me nauseous before. 

I haven't caught a 'bleach' smell, but it seems like the 50/50's get nastier every year...    Jblue's probably right.  Those gildan people need to use scrap for mopping up spilled oil, not the shirts they're boxing.   ::)