Author Topic: Are you looking for a critique/feedback on art or prints?  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Are you looking for a critique/feedback on art or prints?
« on: May 06, 2011, 09:33:47 PM »
A note about posting your art and printed shirts.

We all can look at any design or shirt that people post up and  do Monday morning quarterbacking. We easily tell them how we would do it differently and that is encouraged. I would like to try and get everyone in the mindset that commenting on someones quality should be done when you know they are looking for a critique or feedback.  Perhaps we should all get in the habbit of saying "Feedback welcome or Please critique my print".

Maybe even post it where it's obvious for that purpose such as Works In Progress-art process section where you are openly asking for feedback on how one would make changes or even after the fact.

Many times, people post things up because they are proud of the accomplishment. Some have the intent to show what they did without ever imagining that it might get kicked around. It's a major deterrent for future postings. If providing feedback, try to give alternatives or suggestions rather than to just say negative things. How would you improve on it? If someone were to point out it's flaws when it was not asked for, can send a new comer packing.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850