Author Topic: CCI Emulsions  (Read 3578 times)

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
CCI Emulsions
« on: May 10, 2011, 04:16:13 PM »
In an effort to consolidate suppliers, I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for CCI emulsions?
All of my screen chems come from them and if I can start using their emulsions that's one less shipment.
Hell, if their inks work out that's one supplier for everything liquid.

We're about %40 plastisol and %60 waterbase these days. I prefer pure photopolymer for the obvious
reasons. Aquasol HV is my go to bucket and I like the way it performs. No diazo, post hardener lasts for
runs of 1000+.

Also anyone have anything else from CCI they love? I use CitraPaste, TS305, SR97, LiquidRenuit, GemZyne.

Thanks.

Offline repogolfer

• !!!
Re: CCI Emulsions
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 05:10:56 PM »
I've tried their emulsion at one point...but I just can't tell you if it was good or bad.  I know that I'm not still using it so there had to be something about it that didn't fit our need.

As far as other products that CCI offers.  We switched over to their dip tank solution, I believe its called micro-wash.  I definitely will give that a thumbs up.  Worked just as good as easi-way and much cheaper from our supplier.

Jon

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 05:54:28 PM »
I recently did a trial run of CCI WR-25. I really liked the resolution, the screens were absolutely gorgeous. It's a pure diazo though, so you might not fancy it. Had about the same exact burn times as Ulano 925WR (my benchmark emulsion) but the resolution is much sharper especially on courser meshes.

Durability was ok, not great though. No breakdown in the few discharge runs I did with it but I could tell it was not quite as bullet proof as the stock 925WR.

Did not try it with a hardener - I am looking for the perfect emulsion that doesn't need to be hardened but will stand up to runs of 100-500 pieces and will reclaim easy...

Just bought a quart of SWR-3, that is the next one up. Testing on-press later this week. First exposure tests are very promising, the resolution is just as good as the WR-25 but the exposure times are shorter, on average about 45 light units for each mesh count (on my equipment...YMMV).
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 08:28:57 PM »
Thanks fellas.

Do you use their pallet adhesive Jason? If so which one?

For how much I love their products their website and descriptions are befuddling
at best.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 08:44:51 PM »
Do you use their pallet adhesive Jason? If so which one?

I use the Pro-Bond stuff, diluted with water. One quart lasts me forever.

For how much I love their products their website and descriptions are befuddling
at best.

Tell me about it. They have a several different water resistant emulsions and all of them have the same exact description.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 08:48:27 PM »

at best.

It seems to me that they had many, seemingly redundant products which were a moot point because our place, Denco only stocked a few anyway!

I haven't even looked there lately, but do have it bookmarked

CCI

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 11:17:10 PM »
(ppssstttt. one can order direct from them, hush hush)

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 11:23:43 PM »

WHAT?. I'm half deaf. SPEAK UP.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 11:58:40 PM »

but probably not with free delivery, or easy pick up
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 12:35:23 AM »
Correct on paying for shipping, but I've found that the great cosmic balance
takes care of it in the end if you smell what I'm stepping in...