Author Topic: screen cleaning question??  (Read 4008 times)

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
screen cleaning question??
« on: May 10, 2011, 04:42:36 PM »
I got some Xenon QXL from Sonny the other week and it burns ok but why would it look like bubble gum when I try to clean.... I am in the process of contacting Sonny now but would like some imput from fellow printers. I am using the same process I was using with the Dual type and the QLT form Ulano....Am I over curing or under curing..... Your thoughts please Thks

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: screen cleaning question??
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 04:48:47 PM »
At a glance and knowing that most everyone underexposes for the most part, I would say that's the culprit.  Do you use a dip tank?  What's your emulsion remover?
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 04:50:55 PM »
no dip tank and I use Easiway what use to be EasiSolve....

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 05:10:06 PM »
underexposed. That stuff is a bitch to work with. . Sorry Sonny -but we don't use it anymore. I LOVE Chromline CT-R. I have to be the only guy using it.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 05:27:26 PM »
I not think I like it either Homer, He said it was the same guy that made Ulano made or had the ingrediants for this one but he either added something or left something out.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 05:33:09 PM »
Some emulsions are just bubblegummier than others.
I'm using Nova from Xenon, and man, I had trouble reclaiming at first, and then remembered that I used to use a pressure washer.lol!
See, my Chromaline PL just melted off with my regular rinse out sprayer nozzle.
So, a little tougher, but quite usable, as long as I blast, which of course, is SOP but, of course a different emulsion. From what I hear, Xenon may need to fine tune their QXL
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 05:41:19 PM »
no dip tank and I use Easiway what use to be EasiSolve....

Sorry but can you clarify on this one? Easiway has some products that are straight emulsion removers, some are combo ink/emulsion removers, and some are ink washes/stain removers. Which one are you using?

And if the emulsion is turning to bubblegum, sounds like it's way underexposed. Also, if you aren't using a diptank (just a spray bottle) sometimes leaving the remover on a bit too long before washing it out can be disastrous. It can chemically lock up the emulsion in the screen making it virtually impossible to remove.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 07:36:45 AM »
I am thinking it is underexposed so I will increase my time and give it a try, I use a pressure washer to wash out the screens and for the past 12 years I have used easiway product... I hope to talk to sonny today. After burning for about 1 min. which is what I use on the Ulano I have to use the pressure washer to wash out the screen and really get on it, have not had any halftones yet but I do not think it is gonna work well with them... Oh well live and learn