Author Topic: Building on fire!!!!  (Read 2430 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Building on fire!!!!
« on: April 12, 2012, 12:15:10 PM »
We are getting a new roof on our building this week, well this morning we come in and the workers are already up top working. A few minutes later a worker knocks on our door telling us we need to leave the building its on FIRE!!!.  Sure enough we get out and the top is on fire smoke everywhere ,workers running around, lucky the fire department is just a minute or so away they get it out and we are fine, but talk about scary dude my heart was beating overtime..thank you lord.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Building on fire!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 12:19:35 PM »
You are very fortunate, When we had our fire, a well-meaning neighbor reported the wrong street, which in turn, did not go through to ours, and delayed them a good five more minutes, making a big difference!

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 12:20:29 PM »
wow, glad to hear everything and everybody is OK!
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline bj

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 01:00:36 PM »
OMG....thankfully you are all ok!!!!

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 01:46:35 PM »
The building I was in 2 years ago caught fire when a black smith artist left something on and went to lunch. It wasnt the fire that did 99% of the damage it was the water and smoke. I had to toss out cases of soggy and stinky shirts (nothing can get out that stinch)  that just arrived freight for a decient size order. Had to toss out an expensive laser printer and some other things. My floor bubbled up and had to be replaced , ultimately I had to relocate in the middle of a crazy busy week. The humity from it being the middle of the summer and trapped water evaporating was pretty nasty.  Not fun at all!  I check everything in my shop twice before leaving for the day , that includes unplugging everything even if that seems silly, even my epson and microwave, EVERYTHING!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:49:09 PM by endless ink printing »

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 01:51:55 PM »
<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="360" src="
"></iframe><br /><a href="
" target="_blank">Bloodhound Gang - The Roof is on Fire</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/Dan_of_the_Land" target="_blank">Dan_of_the_Land</a></i>

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 01:53:32 PM »
I check everything in my shop twice before leaving for the day , that includes unplugging everything even if that seems silly, even my epson and microwave, EVERYTHING!

Wow... that's hardcore!

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 01:56:54 PM »
I check everything in my shop twice before leaving for the day , that includes unplugging everything even if that seems silly, even my epson and microwave, EVERYTHING!

Wow... that's hardcore!

Saves power too  ;)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 02:10:00 PM »
Not even I am that stingy. :p

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 07:31:09 PM »
At my old shop the owner would always cut out early to play golf and not tell me, I would always call him on the course and tell him the building was on fire and where the hell was he? ;D
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"