Author Topic: ulano orange  (Read 20439 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
ulano orange
« on: May 06, 2012, 10:23:41 PM »
Anyone have any experience with this new product?
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: ulano orange
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 05:48:59 AM »
We have been using it since March. Over all pretty happy with it but the jury is still out.

Had a little trouble building the stencil up in the beginning, had to change how I coat a little now seems fine. Need to coat slower then with other emulsions.

Holds detail, half tones and fine lines well. Again in the beginning they were washing out. I have not tried 4 color or simulated with it yet.

Haven't seen any difference in exposure time over what we were using, Saati Chem Textile PV.

A lot cheaper then other emulsions, I go through 20-30 screens a day which is a big help.

Ran a 1800 piece job last week white on royal one hit then off. Coated 2-2, dryed then 2 more on the print side. The back which was three lines of bold text made it through the whole job. The front a large white logo started to brake down at about 1k imprints. With some Scotch tape was able to get another 400 out of it. I ended up burnning another screen for the last 400.

Dryes quick on the screen.

I need to be extra carefully when washing out on dyed mesh. The orange color makes it almost impossiable to see if there is any emulsion residue left behind especially when wet. I have gone to print several times only to find out the stencil was not completely washed out.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 05:58:05 AM »
Thanks binkspot, very good information. I am going to call Ulano but you know no company will down side thier product, especially a new product. We currently use Ulano QTX , it is @ $90.00/ gallon but we do like it. The Orange product from Ulano reads just like the QTX description but you have to wonder how the same / same shows up with a $30.00 / gal difference.
We think we will get what we pay for but will give it a try.
Thanks again for your energy.
respectfully
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 10:14:17 AM »
Thanks for the LT info--was wondering how it would hold up on long runs.

I haven't used it a load yet, but it may become a standard for short run spot colors--as Bink mentioned, it coats a little different, but for me the big kicker was how well it reclaims.  I had problems with lock-in with Textil PV, and many other PP's I've tried, and this one performs well for me start to finish.   I'm kind of in the opposite situation coating--used to a thicker mix so I need to coat faster, but it coats well on low and middle meshes.  I couldn't get it to coat evenly or easily on 390 mesh though--seemed to get 'skippy', like the surface tension was funny.  But I'll probably stick to a DC for HT work anyway.  For the money, especially, seems like a great product.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 11:33:23 AM »
We've been using it and like it, but so far only on coarser fabrics as far as I know. I'll check with my screen guy and get his feelings on it.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 11:54:43 AM »
Thanks for pointing out the "skippy". I thought it was just me doning something wrong. I notice it on 280's and seems to get worse the higher mesh count. Its a wavey appeaence of thick/thin emulision on the higher counts even on ones with high tension.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 01:00:20 PM »
Thanks all for the feed back we are going to try a bucket of orange , i will let you know how we think it stacks up to it 's higher priced cousin Ulano QTX
mooseman

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 02:27:54 PM »
we like it better than QTX, it will be our back up to the Kiwo Discharge if that pans out, still working on that one too. . .Orange is nice, you'll like it. I know a rep in your area if you want a free sample. Also, if you like QTX, try out Chromaline CT-R, same thing -almost- it's just 49.95/gallon. . .being using it for years but I am trying out dual cures and so far I like it better.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 08:22:37 PM »
we like it better than QTX, it will be our back up to the Kiwo Discharge if that pans out, still working on that one too. . .Orange is nice, you'll like it. I know a rep in your area if you want a free sample. Also, if you like QTX, try out Chromaline CT-R, same thing -almost- it's just 49.95/gallon. . .being using it for years but I am trying out dual cures and so far I like it better.

thanks Homer I was going to order 2 buckets of orange but maybe i will try one of orange and one of CT-R.
By the way who is the rep. you are reffering to hope  it is not D. I., Pm me please or buzz me # is on my card as  avatar and looks a lot like 315 568 1663.
Thanks bro

mooseman

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 08:32:42 PM »
Anyone ever use clear? What is its purpose? I was doing some above the pocket prints today a d thought hmm clear emulsion woulda been nice here.

Offline chubsetc

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 08:46:47 PM »
I received a sample of Orange last week and have had good results.  I did also notice the "skipping" while coating this morning but just slowed down and everything was fine.  I have also tested aquasol HPV recently and liked that too.  Both are exposing in roughly the same amount of time as the chromablue I have been using.  Out of the 3, the aquasol seems to make the heartiest screen and takes a bit longer to soften in the dip tank but has reclaimed fully.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 08:54:27 PM »
When I was at the ISS show I was told by the Ulano guys that this emulsion is made for the lower mesh counts. The orange color was to help get better resolution on the lower mesh that is white and not dyed. Since we really don't use anything under 160 yellow mesh we passed on a sample after talking to him. That may be why you guys are having issues with the way it floods a cross the mesh during coating.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 09:00:54 PM »
Hell no it's not D.I -talk to Shawn about them, I'll call my rep in the morning, he a ton of samples if you want anything else. . he's from the "G" company Sam hates. haha I'll PM you the details on where to find the CT-R at half price. . .

JB -it's thin though, I would think a thicker emulsion would be best on low mesh counts? either way, this stuff is ok in my book. A little difficult to see at washout but just move the screen around a bit.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 10:34:42 AM »
I've got a gallon of orange coming in today, hopefully within the hour.  I've got 5 screens waiting to be coated with it and I might expose them later today if I can.  I hope it's thick enough for building decent eom in lower mesh counts.  Website says 44-46% which is slightly lower than I'm used to, the chromablue is around 50% and Saati "says" the PHW Red is only 50% but I have plastisol ink that is thinner than that stuff, I would guess it's around 55%.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 10:43:01 AM »
Hell no it's not D.I -talk to Shawn about them, I'll call my rep in the morning, he a ton of samples if you want anything else. . he's from the "G" company Sam hates. haha I'll PM you the details on where to find the CT-R at half price. . .

JB -it's thin though, I would think a thicker emulsion would be best on low mesh counts? either way, this stuff is ok in my book. A little difficult to see at washout but just move the screen around a bit.

I dont know what to tell you on that one. They just spoke to its ability to hold better detail on white mesh due to the color of the dye that it uses. Right now we have not tried it. I rarely use a screen that has white mesh on it.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin