Author Topic: cleaning the press  (Read 3160 times)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
cleaning the press
« on: April 04, 2011, 07:01:04 PM »
What is the best to use to clean an auto press? I want to make this baby look like new. I want to remove old, ink, lint and grime. I am assuming the previous owner used spray adhesive. Why do I want to say I heard WD40 before.

Offline Donnie

• !!!
Re: cleaning the press
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 07:23:53 PM »
I use easy solve 820. WD 40 works OK but it does tend to leave an oily residue.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 07:27:05 PM »
I use the easysolve842 not as harsh as the 120. screen opener will get all the glue off, but make sure it does not dissolve anything else.
WD40 will leave a film. . .
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 07:37:56 PM »
I have some Easisolv 701 screen wash/stain remover not a press wash. Thoughts?

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 11:29:44 PM »
I cleaned my press before it was installed with simple green to get all the dirt and dust off. I then used press wash and or screen opener to get the spray adhesive off.  Then I went and got a matt finish car interior dash cleaner. It was made for plastics, vinyl and other parts on car dashes. Most presses are Powder Coated (plastic) and it makes the thing look brand new. Always test a product on a small spot first. You don?t want to take the finish off.