Poll

How many usable screens do you have, either in your everyday rotation, available for a special application, or cataloged for repeat orders?

12 or less
13-25
26-50
51-100
100+

Author Topic: How many screens do you have?  (Read 72579 times)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: How many screens do you have?
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2013, 08:19:15 PM »
I think I speak for us all when I say OH MY GOD!!

What kind of presses do you guys use?

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2013, 09:18:10 PM »
Vorsprung durch Technik

Offline abchung

• !!!
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2013, 10:47:43 PM »
...DAMMIT!! I thought about this concept once when seeing one of those laser light shows on TV. Seemed to me if you could get the laser in the correct spectrum, you could project exposure light in place of any blocking-style imaging system. I wonder if I can apply for a retroactive patent.  ::)

...I have always wondered why something like this hasn't been tried, but apparently it has. COOL!

...So the real question is...when can I get the $244 Nuarc model? (eh, see what I did there?).... 8)

Laser CTS has been around for years, but very expensive.
At this year's show, the sales guy says they don't use laser anymore. They use some type of special light with mirrors. I ASSUME it would be LED with mirrors. They usually target fabric printing companies and not garment printers in this region.

They also told me this company burns screens 24/7 and never stops, the light is still good after half a year of use.

Offline volker

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2013, 04:35:43 AM »
ok here i am back again - i just woke up. it is 9:45 in the mornig here ;)

@ gilligan: i will try to get a mesh from a srceen that has a broken mesh and scan in on my flatbed scanner. you will see the result is better than from a heidelberg imagesetter who has a laser with ca 5000 dpi resolution. you loose too much quality when exposing in the vacuum. some people do not wash the screen properly what again makes lower quality.

@ abchung: they use uv light lamp with a very wicked mirror/fiberglass head system. that's too complicated for me to translate. have a look here: http://www.signtronic.com/
below you see the printed results from two systems compared which work like this. the right company uses led, what is not properly working already as you can easily see.
and yes this system is not cheap!
in germany we say: a porsche for 100000 euro is expensive. it costs money. a machine for 100000 is not expensive. it earns money
and believe me - it really does ;D

Offline volker

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2013, 04:43:29 AM »
don't you folks think, this should be the the in a new thread. called "cts like it shoulbe" or something?
this seems to be a interesting theme for some people.
and is there an easy way to copy the relevant posts to a threat like this. i am not sure if i can do that.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2013, 04:46:50 AM »
I forgot already all these great expression we have back in Germany. The one about the Porsche is for sure a winner.
Anyway just to get you back on the ground, Jürgen Klopp did not have a great day on wednesday or better a great night. Let`s see what`s happening when both our teams play each other on the 22nd of Oct.
Anyway, your equipment seems to be top notch.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2013, 04:49:09 AM »
don't you folks think, this should be the the in a new thread. called "cts like it shoulbe" or something?
this seems to be a interesting theme for some people.
and is there an easy way to copy the relevant posts to a threat like this. i am not sure if i can do that.
When ever you feel like it , start a new thread. I`m sure many folks here will jump on it. I would really appreciate to see more work from back home and hear about your experiences.

Offline noiseloops

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2013, 04:51:01 AM »
dang, gotta find some rich billionaire somewhere to start dropping some of the riches to me. so writes a decent proposal here. ;)

those machines are sooper nice though.

Offline volker

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2013, 05:03:24 AM »
I forgot already all these great expression we have back in Germany. The one about the Porsche is for sure a winner.
Anyway just to get you back on the ground, Jürgen Klopp did not have a great day on wednesday or better a great night. Let`s see what`s happening when both our teams play each other on the 22nd of Oct.

aaaaaarrgh..... stop torturing me

Offline volker

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2013, 05:09:38 AM »

the one with the porsche is not for winners, its for everybody. it just says that all things you buy that are just luxury, are expensive. this could be an old used car as long as you do not need it.
a machine is always a win as long as its producing.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2013, 05:19:44 AM »
I know, all I meant was it`s a great expression and very true.

Matthias

Offline volker

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2013, 05:24:46 AM »
I know, all I meant was it`s a great expression and very true.

Matthias

germans should not communicate in english  ;D

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2013, 05:32:23 AM »
I know but this is such an American place we are at;)

Offline StuJohnston

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2013, 02:10:21 PM »
posts to a threat like this. i am not sure if i can do that.

I think you might be interested to know that 'threat', at least according to google translate, is the same meaning as Bedrohung in German. I only posted this because I have seen you use it a couple of times.

Offline volker

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2013, 03:06:29 PM »
posts to a threat like this. i am not sure if i can do that.

I think you might be interested to know that 'threat', at least according to google translate, is the same meaning as Bedrohung in German. I only posted this because I have seen you use it a couple of times.