Author Topic: 14 Action Engineering winged floodbars -- Great way to start the afternoon...  (Read 3314 times)

Offline ScreenPrinter123

Yes yes...Christmas...

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
That's awesome, we've got 2 that we use for our white ink and I've thought about picking up one or two more for the occasional short bodied spot color that won't stay in the ink well.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ScreenPrinter123

I thought about just doing it for some inks like you say, but we have to adjust the height of the floodbars when we interchange the standard floodbar and winged floodbar, so to eliminate that annoyance, I'd rather pay the price up front.  In addition to the obvious benefit, I've found clean up on the screen to be night and day in comparison to the regular flood bar after breaking down the job.  Much easier with the winged flood bar - not having to scrape up ink along the edges by the frame. 

My only dislike with them is that they are not as easy to remove from the press's flood bar holders at the end of a job -- a lot harder to avoid getting ink on places where you don't want ink on the floodbar, unlike with the standard flood bar.  I've found the best technique is to release the flood bar from the carriage, tilt it towards the back of the screen so as to lower the top end of the winged flood bar, and then send the carriage to the back, thus creating easy space remove it - anyone have any better techniques/tricks with them?

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
I love the wingged floodbars...we have 20+ of them and we use them for everything....keeps the ink where we want it and keeps us printing and not carding ink back in....$$$$$

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
I'm not sure I follow why they are harder to remove?  Are they hitting the sides of the screen when you try to get them out?  Are the notches that are cut out too far one way or the other making it difficult?  Ours slide an inch or so to the left and they are out with no additional effort over a standard FB.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ScreenPrinter123

I don't mean they're hard to get out of the carriage.  I mean once they are out of the carriage.

So you release the floodbar from the carriage, and it's then sitting vertical on the screen (with your hand supporting/balancing it).  Normally, you could easily bend the flood bar forward and remove it from the screen (at least that's what I find easiest), but you cant bring the winged flood bar forward because of the wings once it's dropped out of the carriage and standing vertical on the screen (with your hand supporting it, of course) because the top of the flood bar would hit the carriage.  So, the only way to get it out half way clean, I've found, is to lean it backwards -- as opposed to forwards like normally -- low enough so the carriage can clear it when you send it back, then once the carriage is to the back, then remove the flood bar from sitting on the screen. 

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Yes yes...Christmas...

YEEEPIEEEE!

When's Santa coming to OH? I better be good the rest of the year!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline jasonl

• !!!
The new design is far superior to the old action ones,  I love the taller wings, makes a huge difference.
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
The new design is far superior to the old action ones,  I love the taller wings, makes a huge difference.

Unfortunately the opposite is true for the MHM style, in my opinion. I'd kill for the new ones
I got to be the old style.

Offline Get Shirts

We prefer the ink traps that attach to the squeeze.  The winged bars leave too much ink at the top of the screen. 

Offline Tagless Threads

• Verified/Junior
well worth the investment.
Screen Printing - Tagless Threads
twitter - facebook - flickr

Offline ScreenPrinter123

Just did 2,000 fronts - white underlay and 2 top colors.  Added ink to the white underlay screen about 5-6 times; added ink once to one of the top colors; didn't touch the other color the entire time.  No stopping at all to move ink back to the center of the screen.  Thank you Mr. Winged Floodbar Inventor.   .... On to the backs.

Offline Action1

Thanks to everyone for your very positive feedback on our Winged Flood Bars. We have recently  upgraded the design and developed a new extrusion that enhances the clean-ability of the assembly. We are once again offering your First Winged Flood Bar at 50% off to get you to try the newest design. Even if you have many winged flood bars - and none of the latest, you are welcome to take advantage of the 1/2 price offer. - The offer applies to 16" Winged Flood Bars only.

--
Respectfully,

Erik Naftal
Action Engineering, Inc.
sales@actionengineering.com
800/228-4668
770/934-1584

Offline rmonks

• !!!
I to switched to wing flood bars, but I have a related question, I have been using a Javelin for years and have just been using an M&R for about a year now. Do any of you printers have a location on the press that you keep the clamps it seems like I walk 2 miles a day going back and forth to get the clamps. I have been thinking of a maybe using my old flood bars and cutting them down to maybe bolt a piece of it to the print arm and store the four clamps at each head. What do you do.

Offline Logoman

• Life is what happens while your making other plans
That would be great. We described to a sheet metal shop what we wanted and had some made to attach to our bars.