Author Topic: auto installation/tech time questions  (Read 4381 times)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
auto installation/tech time questions
« on: April 04, 2011, 07:05:09 PM »
OK, so the tech will be at my shop tomorrow to install the automatic. What should I make sure I get out of this visit?

The press is assembled. He is going to make sure all the wires and hoses are in the proper place.
He is going to level all the print heads and pallet arms.

What should I be making sure I learn from this? Stuff that could help me down the line in maintainance, etc.

What should I be expecting from him in regards to "training".

I am sure there are questions I will have when he is gonna and I start using it. So if I can know now and ask him while he is here, that would be great.

The press is an Anatol Horizon Mini 7/8 w/a Q Runner quartz flash

Thanks guys!

Offline Donnie

• !!!
Re: auto installation/tech time questions
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 07:22:10 PM »
The tech guy will know every feature of the press. Be sure not to let him leave without feeling comfortable with all the controls. I would suggest having a 2 or 3 color job ready to set up and go through the process of registration ect.  His problem is going to be that he will more than likely not be a seasoned printer and that is where other auto owners can help you through the transition from manual to auto. Trust me, it is a different bird and you have to adjust your methodology.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 07:39:56 PM »
The tech guy will know every feature of the press. Be sure not to let him leave without feeling comfortable with all the controls. I would suggest having a 2 or 3 color job ready to set up and go through the process of registration ect.  His problem is going to be that he will more than likely not be a seasoned printer and that is where other auto owners can help you through the transition from manual to auto. Trust me, it is a different bird and you have to adjust your methodology.

Good call on the three color job. Should I be going for butt registration with an underbase. Os just a simple 3 color loose registration?

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 04:37:12 PM »
Don't make it difficult. Your tech guy will go a little knee buckled if you throw a bitch to register at him.