Author Topic: Major Redesign to Double Stroke Squeegees  (Read 6806 times)

Offline Action1

Re: Major Redesign to Double Stroke Squeegees
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 08:23:37 AM »
Please excuse my stupidity, but why would you need a double blade squeegee? If your printing parameters are correct, the first blade will clear your image. So what's the second blade for? Help the slow guy?

I have attached additional information in an attempt to answer this question sir. I would appreciate your feedback.

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 08:48:49 AM »
Good Morning Eric,  How are you this fine day sir?  Could you put double bevel blades in this fine design?
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 12:31:36 PM »
do you have them in MHM version?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Action1

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 12:55:03 PM »

pierre

Yes - we are able to provide these double stroke squeegees for use on all MHM equipment. Here it is - and please excuse the unfinished modeling.

Please see our specific website page for your type by clicking the link below.
http://www.actionengineering.com/Cat-109-1-1088/Double_Stroke_Squeegee.htm

Thank you as always for your interest and support Pierre.

Offline Action1

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 01:05:34 PM »
Good Morning Eric,  How are you this fine day sir?  Could you put double bevel blades in this fine design?

& Greetings to you good sir. Thank you for inquiring about the availability of double beveled edges in the rubber. Yes - I am certain that we can do that. However, the double beveled squeegee rubber is a non stock item here and will delay the availability by a week or more.

Here is a model of what it looks like.
Please let me know if you have further questions.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2012, 01:11:15 PM »

pierre

Yes - we are able to provide these double stroke squeegees for use on all MHM equipment. Here it is - and please excuse the unfinished modeling.

Please see our specific website page for your type by clicking the link below.
http://www.actionengineering.com/Cat-109-1-1088/Double_Stroke_Squeegee.htm

Thank you as always for your interest and support Pierre.

thanx guys!

I'll drop you a line and order one of those to give it a try! Probably grab another winged floodbar too, those things are worth their weight in gold!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2012, 02:48:55 PM »

& Greetings to you good sir. Thank you for inquiring about the availability of double beveled edges in the rubber. Yes - I am certain that we can do that. However, the double beveled squeegee rubber is a non stock item here and will delay the availability by a week or more.

Great news Distinguished sir.  I do have some double bevel blades and was wondering if I could get one to try out.?  Have a glorious day.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2012, 05:59:37 PM »
I can see where there might be an application where this blade could be beneficial but I hope shops aren't using something like this on normal textile printing.  Enlighten me if some of you are using this to print white ink on a black shirt, normal design, plastisol ink?
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 06:06:44 PM »
I can see where there might be an application where this blade could be beneficial but I hope shops aren't using something like this on normal textile printing.  Enlighten me if some of you are using this to print white ink on a black shirt, normal design, plastisol ink?
I was thinking the same thing. My question is how well the second squeegee can print with a minmal to no ink well. You need an ink well in order to deposit ink. I can see the concept  but whether it works in the real world is another thing.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 06:29:48 PM »
I was thinking the same thing. My question is how well the second squeegee can print with a minmal to no ink well. You need an ink well in order to deposit ink. I can see the concept  but whether it works in the real world is another thing.

The second squeegee is only a cut or clear stroke. It should be a dry squeegee. Its only these to make sure all the ink that didn't clear the screen gets cleared by the second squeegee. Does it work? I don't know.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2012, 08:20:32 PM »

I love new stuff and seeing innovative products. How about passing a few of those babies out for some beta testing. ;D If it works I would gladly pay for it. If not you would get back. Cleaned of course.

www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline islandtees

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2012, 08:25:46 PM »
I hope this is better than the first design. We bought one from you and its terrible on the auto. It sits on a shelf collecting dust.

Wow - had we heard this previously we would have given you a full credit or refund. We never want things sitting around on the shelf. We will replace it with a new one when they re ready. A vast majority of the feedback we received on the DSSQ was very positive.
Dont get me wrong, I have some of your other products and they work fine.
This double was not liked by the guys on the auto. We thought the idea was good, but it didnt work the way we wanted it.
Your right we should have said something sooner but we are so busy that we just dont find the time to complain.
Were willing to try the new version out if you want to send one to us.
I also hope these are lighter than the old version. This was another thing the printers didnt like, they said it weighed a ton.

Offline Action1

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 08:44:56 AM »

Great news Distinguished sir.  I do have some double bevel blades and was wondering if I could get one to try out.?  Have a glorious day.

Greetings & Salutations to you good sir - Yes - we will provide one for you at no charge in order for you to demonstrate the product to your customers. Happy day before the 4th - today we rock.

Offline Action1

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 09:41:34 AM »

I love new stuff and seeing innovative products. How about passing a few of those babies out for some beta testing. ;D If it works I would gladly pay for it. If not you would get back. Cleaned of course.

Mr. Blue -  thank you for your appreciation of our efforts to innovate. That has definitely been the reason for our continued growth. We are offering these  at 50% off for the first one. Even then - if you decide that it is not of value - we would accept it back for a full credit.

Offline Action1

TAS Style Double Stroke Squeegees
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2012, 10:12:30 AM »
The New Double Stroke Squeegee for use on TAS Machinery will look like this. Please place your advanced order for 50% off and we will be ready to ship around August 20th.