Author Topic: Keeping Pets safe  (Read 3950 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Keeping Pets safe
« on: July 09, 2012, 01:33:38 PM »
If any of you have outside Dogs as I do and the heat is to much I found a way to help my dog cool off ( yes he has a dog house) but his water needs to be change because of the heat.  I took a gal juice bottle and filled it full of water and froze it and then set it in his water bucket nice cold water, I did two bottles this way so when one melts down I put the other one in, just thought I would pass this on.
you might can even set one in his dog house hmmm.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Keeping Pets safe
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 01:38:30 PM »
not a bad idea.  our home depot is selling those misting kits that hook onto things like those pop-up tents.  I am sure it would be easy to even hook those up on the underside of a deck too.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 02:11:05 PM »
My guy just hangs out in the same air conditioned environment as the rest of the family.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 03:54:47 PM »
We have a yellow lab every morning (she stays home in the afternoon) and we pretty much make her stay in the air conditioned office when it gets hot like this... not so for the guys and girl in the shop roasting away.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 05:40:15 PM »
Well the new dog hangs with us but Busta is used to being outside, he has a few trees and bushes to get under, but likes the new ice water bucket!!!!

D

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 08:45:41 PM »
My hounds are inside dogs. People think I'm crazy for keeping these two huge dogs inside. I often think they are right. I've gotta sweep EVERY FLIPP'N DAY.  Good thing we no longer have carpet. The house still reeks of dog no matter how well you keep the house. We are clean people but man, Some days if we don't stay on top of it, the hair creates little tumble weeds.

It's frogs fault. He talked me into a German Shepherd. Then my wife brought home this mongrel from off the road. Cute pup at the time. He's a mix of golden lab and pitt bull. Now he's heavier and bigger than our shepherd. At least he's a short hair.

I've never been much on keeping my dogs outside. I like the security the provide while I sleep.  Kinda noisy tho when they hear a frog or something. Anything startles them and they play off each other. can't have just one barking.

The Ice in the water is a great idea!  Probably a good one as well, to put some inside the dog house.

Some told me to get our shepherd shaved for the summer months. I never liked the idea. Something didn't seem right with it. I just watched a thing on dog grooming/care on Sunday and it turns out, you are NOT supposed to shave dogs that have the (two types of coats). (i.e.) Shepherds, Samoyeds etc. One keeps them cool in the heat and the other keeps them warm in the cold. They need both, but you do ned to brush them out well and often. It doesn't do them any good in fact, it is bad for them to shave them down. Beside, A shaved shepherd doesn't look right. LOL.

http://www.germanshepherdrescue.co.uk/dog-cruelty-case.html
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline mavgraph

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 09:28:37 PM »
Our girls stay inside most of the time as they are older and have had many health issues. Cookie seems to have made A/C vent laying on an olympic sport.
Brad
Maverick Graphic Supply 877-MAVERIK brad@maverickgraphicsupply.com
www.maverickgraphicsupply.com
Your #1 Choice For Inkjet and Laser Film
Adopt a Beagle! www.brewbeagles.org

Offline californiadreamin

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 10:08:04 PM »
Guy's , I have a little dog, known as "daisy".
There maybe some on the board who will vouch for her existance!
Because of life's circumstances, "daisy" follows me wherever I go! No Joke!
Not my plan, but it is just the way it is. "Daisy" has probably visited more print
shops, than any dog should. National and International. At first I thought it
was going to be a really big problem! But she gets to go to places that don't
eat her type. She doesn't pi$$ on the piles of shirts, and very rarely leaves her
calling card. She does though, prefer shops in cooler climate. Have dog will travel!
winston

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 11:55:13 PM »
My dog ran away 20 years ago... I never looked for him.  Glad to have been rid of him.  I know I should have given him away, I just felt like it was my responsibility to take care of him since I wanted him.  But after he broke free the 3rd time and jumped the fence, I let him have his way.

Now my two cats on the other hand are like children... even Mya (my 2 year old) calls Mr. Kitty her brother (and we didn't teach her that).  He's incredibly tolerant of her (check my youtube video of her torturing him)... he's about 9 years old and I suspect he's only got a few more years in him. :(  When he goes, I might take some blood and freeze it for when cloning becomes a little more cost friendly as he's one incredible cat.  Sebastian (my other cat) is pretty cool as well and has some unique fetishes/habits but can be a pain in the ass at times.  Both are ridiculously huge for being "regular" cats... everyone freaks out about their size, I don't think much of it since I've had them since kittens.  I guess giving them good food has been beneficial for them.

Ok, back to your smelly dogs.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 12:02:57 AM »
Our cat was a fat cat since she got fixed, but after my wife got Conan he has chased her down to a slim cat like she once was.

Hey Dan I feel ya on dog smells we only have one in the house, but the cat has him beat on hair we vac every day because of Gracie, sometimes I'd like toss her ass outside with Busta.

Darryl

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 07:15:11 AM »
My dog gets a small pool lots of water and we let him in whenever he wants he seems to enjoy the basement floor

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 08:47:00 AM »
Ahh gilligan, that explains so much about you...a cat lover.  I knew something was wrong with you. :)

http://www.examiner.com/article/parasite-found-kitty-litter-linked-to-suicides-according-to-study

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 09:18:31 AM »
Hey, I'm comfortable with an animal that is independent and can handle himself vs one that MUST have your approval for everything.

Good thing about kitty litter is it stays in a box and I don't have to sit around making my animal wait all day for me to get home.  Also, I'm leaving this morning to go on vacation till Saturday evening.  Food and water is topped off, about to go dump the litter and put some fresh litter in.  I'm gonna have my mother come by just to spend a few minutes with them on Thursday so they don't feel so abandoned, but in reality they would be perfectly fine for those 5 days all by themselves.

Do that with a dog and (damn, no puke emoticon but) your house would look and smell awful... hell the dog might not even make it, certainly things would be all torn up.