Author Topic: "Freight Kong" freight company?  (Read 3337 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
"Freight Kong" freight company?
« on: July 23, 2012, 04:54:43 PM »
Has anyone used them? if so they sucked, huh?

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: "Freight Kong" freight company?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 05:00:37 PM »
That name sounds/looks familiar.  I think we had something delivered from them, maybe our dryer?  Hell, I'd have to look it up and I don't feel like shuffling through a bunch of papers right now.  No problems with anything we've had delivered via freight truck.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Get Shirts

"Freight Kong" freight company?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 06:09:26 PM »
They just delivered all of our gear, we were pleased with their service.  What's your beef?

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 08:49:02 PM »
i was giving a warning about them and was just wondering if anyone dealt with them thats all..

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 09:41:11 PM »
I've used freightquote.com and have been pleased.

Someone on here recommended them.

I think they are a bit hungry too... they "cold called" me the other day because they hadn't heard from me in a month.  I had only shipped 2 things with them and they were months apart with both of them being incoming, so it's not like they had any reason to think anything.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 09:44:19 PM »
my new equipment is being shipped through them and i have this feeling i will be surprised when they come...

i guess they are not good at communicating..

i don't know how i am going to do all this myself..i don't have anyone lined up for tomorrow (tuesday) and have this feeling its coming then.

Offline Logoman

• Life is what happens while your making other plans
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 07:02:04 PM »
I used them through FreightQuotes.com and had no issues. Very pleased with their service.

Offline head north

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 08:06:39 AM »
They shipped our new press from M&R - told us it was showing up on Tuesday which was when we scheduled the fork lift, etc... was a little surprised when it showed up Monday morning with no warning.
Scott
Head North Printing
www.headnorthprinting.com

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 10:59:09 AM »
They shipped our new press from M&R - told us it was showing up on Tuesday which was when we scheduled the fork lift, etc... was a little surprised when it showed up Monday morning with no warning.

yeah Scott, thats what i heard and its stressing me out.

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 12:34:18 PM »
Not sure that I would name a company that is supposed to handle with care "Kong".

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 12:53:08 PM »

yeah Scott, thats what i heard and its stressing me out.

With a freight company an exact delivery time usually adds a considerable amount to the bill...Not like a courier where your shipment is bounced off and on many trucks, trains, etc. from origin to destination....

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 12:58:02 PM »
royster...its not the exact time i'm looking for, but is an exact day too much to ask?

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 01:12:39 PM »
It is probably asking too much.....Truckers deliver to a variety of locations on a trip......If they get ahead, they simply arrive early....Time is money to them and they will not wait around for you to be ready......On the other hand, if they encounter bad traffic, ferry delays, accidents, etc. they will arrive late and again there is not much you can do about it....