Author Topic: SimpleSeps Raster  (Read 22031 times)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: SimpleSeps Raster
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2012, 06:56:29 PM »
damn, i went to buy it and i saw the headline for x5 and x6 only. . .i just upgraded to x4 about a year ago.

what's wrong with x5 and x6? so far i like x3 the best...11 was cool too...

this looks like an awesome program though, maybe i'll buy it and hold on to it until i upgrade.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2012, 08:22:41 PM »
X5 what sucks well to many things to list.

X3 was awesome.
"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2012, 03:50:15 PM »
Well, here is the 3rd design we've done from Simple Seps Raster.  Not a single adjustment and it's dead on to the proof.  Needless to say, I am very impressed.  Out of the can colors too...no mixing.

This one was 5 colors on sand
GNS Dallas Green
Lemon Yellow
National Red
Black
White

all 230's

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2012, 06:01:37 PM »
Very impressive.  I think I will pull the trigger and upgrade from X4 to X6 and try and pick this up.  Seems like a good way to start offering some more sophisticated designs.  Excellent write up on the product.

AdvancedArtist

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2012, 11:49:12 PM »
Quote from:  link=topic=4618.msg54898#msg54898 date=1347652215
Well, here is the 3rd design we've done from Simple Seps Raster.  Not a single adjustment and it's dead on to the proof.  Needless to say, I am very impressed.  Out of the can colors too...no mixing.

This one was 5 colors on sand
GNS Dallas Green
Lemon Yellow
National Red
Black
White

all 230's

Thanks for posting this because we are hitting allot of resistance in that many people still believe you cannot do these things in DRAW.. and we do them in DRAW only going to PP for the perfect MonoChrome. Fact is both CorelDRAW and PhotoShop can do these separations. It is a bit easier and cleaner in DRAW.. but PS can do these as well.

We are also not using the Old School methods you will find in the other separation apps we are working with pure color science and that is the difference, When we side stepped what the industry has been taught in ignorance for so long and went to science.. low and behold DRAW rocks!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 11:54:22 PM by AdvancedArtist »

AdvancedArtist

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2012, 12:00:24 AM »
The rabbit hole is getting really deep..

SimpleSeps Raster 1.2 Sneak Peek 5 the Auto Seps Tab

And there is so much more to come..

AdvancedArtist

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2012, 12:10:30 AM »
This program looks so good I wish I was a corel user, My question to Tom is will it work with AI or in the near future, if it works with Illy I would pick up in a heart beat.

Darryl

Darryl,

This is coming for PhotoShop.. Impossible in Illustrator but in PS yes. Adobe ROCKS too.. in so many ways. Most of our clip art comes out of Illustrator. But when you put these seps together with DRAW as design assets nothing in the world compares. I say that as pro in Adobe and Corel. Corel has long been overlooked and not correctly understood as to how it fits into the design world.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 12:14:06 AM by AdvancedArtist »

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2012, 08:35:04 AM »
a know as of about 8 years ago Corel sold more copies than illustrator.  I doubt that is true now with how popular macs have become. 

AdvancedArtist

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2012, 05:07:26 PM »
You know its so strange just got off the phone with a client who showed this to his son who goes to Graphic Design school and is in an Advanced PhotoShop course and both the son and the teacher said this is a some sort trick here and that this cannot be done in CorelDRAW.

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2012, 08:52:22 PM »
You know its so strange just got off the phone with a client who showed this to his son who goes to Graphic Design school and is in an Advanced PhotoShop course and both the son and the teacher said this is a some sort trick here and that this cannot be done in CorelDRAW.
Well technically it isnt a 100% coreldraw...I mean photopaint is doing a ton of the work or am I wrong?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2012, 09:03:49 PM »
Jason, as he said, he only goes to Photopaint (PP) when he needs something as a monochrome bitmap (like you do, right?)

"Thanks for posting this because we are hitting allot of resistance in that many people still believe you cannot do these things in DRAW.. and we do them in DRAW only going to PP for the perfect MonoChrome. Fact is both CorelDRAW and PhotoShop can do these separations. It is a bit easier and cleaner in DRAW.. but PS can do these as well."
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2012, 09:31:53 PM »
tom, send them to me.  i can verify the program works like advertised.  The only problem we have is not with the program, but with a lack of print heads

AdvancedArtist

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2012, 04:18:06 PM »
Yes it all vector but we are converting to bitmaps along the way.. the only thing we cannot get in DRAW is the perfect monochrome conversions. The macro actually contains several thousand automated processes. The great thing for me is that I believe this will really change the game for allot of the small shops. What was set up previously in PhotoShop was actually a very poor method of color management and separation which is why their were so many jobs that came out of these automated systems needing to be tweaked. We do not nail it every time but it is a more accurate process based on color science and not features of a software program. Truth is you can do this in GIMP.

But for me it is not just the color separations but the fact that these can also be used as design assets in DRAW. Now you have entered into a whole new level of design potential.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2012, 12:46:58 PM »
any of you guys that have this -any updates? I just bought X6 and I think this may help out on most of my seps. Dan and Mr. Coudray will get the stuff I am too chicken to do myself. . .
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2012, 12:48:54 PM »
i haven't used it in a while, but I can tell you it's amazing.  plain and simple.  It won't work on every job and I am waiting for the next updates.  It's so much easier than PS in my opinion.  I am just not proficient in PS.