Author Topic: Anyone run a Happy machine?  (Read 5770 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Anyone run a Happy machine?
« on: August 15, 2012, 09:25:31 AM »
Thoughts?

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: Anyone run a Happy machine?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 09:30:39 AM »
I heard that some of their customers are not happy with them :)

Kidding aside, it is not Tajima or Barudan, but I have heard that is close to be 3rd or 4th on the marked together with SWF.
Some people swear by them and I heard a horror stories too.

I guess I would look for and talk to your closest tech. See what he says. If he has a good experience with them and he knows the machines, I would go with it if it is a good deal. Having a tech that is close and works on a brand that you have is a great plus.

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 09:38:07 AM »
I like to think that all my machines are Happy...ahhahahaha...

sam

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 09:54:23 AM »
Same as others, heard happy and pissed users of Happy machines.  I would say I have heard more bad than good. 

I looked at them when looking at our first machines.  They left me feeling like I do when I look at say a Brown.  Get's the job done, but doesn't leave you overly impressed. 

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 10:39:59 AM »
I guess if you can get one for the right price go for it.

If not, I'd wait for a Tajima or Barudan.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 10:56:08 AM »
I guess if you can get one for the right price go for it.

If not, I'd wait for a Tajima or Barudan.

Tajima or Barudan are the best no doubt about it.  I feel for the 1/3rd+ savings though SWF isn't to be over looked.  I have had great luck with my machines, our product looks great, and that's all I can ask!

IMO digitizing software and the digitizer are as important as the machine.  I have seen some jokers sewing crap on Tajima's and people putting out top shelf stuff off a POS Brother Hobby machine. 

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 11:02:32 AM »
Tajima or Barudan are the best no doubt about it.  I feel for the 1/3rd+ savings though SWF isn't to be over looked.  I have had great luck with my machines, our product looks great, and that's all I can ask!

IMO digitizing software and the digitizer are as important as the machine.  I have seen some jokers sewing crap on Tajima's and people putting out top shelf stuff off a POS Brother Hobby machine. 

Right on

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 11:11:25 AM »
Brandt is right about that.  I run an SWF.  It's a good machine.  That is about all I can say.  Service and support suck.  I have a local tech that I use, he's the best on SWF, but he's getting older, so where does that leave me?

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 11:31:46 AM »
Barudan is out of the question for multiple reasons... one they don't make a machine that will fit in my shop, but more importantly they are PRICEY!  Even used people want what you could buy NEW from the other guys for and that is on nearly 10 year old machines.  Insane!

Tajima makes a smaller 4 head that I could squeeze in the only problem is if I'm not buying new then it might be hard to find as it is a "special order only" machine so probably not as many used around.  Happy seems to call their "compact" model the standard and the larger models are designated "extended" models.  So I'm assuming there are more of the "compact" models around in the used market.  Not to mention new starts to become an option with the Happy machine if I'm getting my guesses right on the price of a new machine.  Still waiting to hear from Texmac.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 11:51:21 AM »
Brandt is right about that.  I run an SWF.  It's a good machine.  That is about all I can say.  Service and support suck.  I have a local tech that I use, he's the best on SWF, but he's getting older, so where does that leave me?

I agree as well. I got a SWF after talking to Brandt and I have not had any issues at all. They are pretty much a copy of a Tajima anyways. My contract embroider uses all Barudans and our stuff looks so much better. Its the digitizing that makes or breaks for a design so far that I have seen.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 12:38:56 PM »

I agree, service calls I have made are always handled with SWF, but not as well as say I am used to from other suppliers.  But I also haven't really needed it but 1 time.  I had a board go out of my single head early on, they were on top of that but did take a couple hours to get a solution.  Never had any other issues out of my other 3 machines.  I have a independent tech that goes through ours now and then and they are never in need of anything.  So that is good. 

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 12:46:52 PM »
does your tech travel?  Our tech here is great, but he is mainly a Tajima guy and those keep him slammed.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 01:40:54 PM »
does your tech travel?  Our tech here is great, but he is mainly a Tajima guy and those keep him slammed.

Mine does ya, he does service sweeps all over the east coast.  The more people in the sweep the cheaper it is.  He is from Sew Tech I think it is called. 

Offline Ksports

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 02:43:42 PM »
Tony P here. I have 42 heads of Emb. Barudan, Tajima, and Brother. All good with very little outside tech svc req provided they are operated in a clean AC room and preventive maint is performed regularly.
Life is like a box of rocks you always know what your going to get.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 03:27:50 PM »
Well, Tajima is out unless I come across a compact model used as they haven't made the compact model for a while now.

The Happy rep is coming by the office early next week and bringing a single head machine.  I'll see how that goes.  Retail price is 33k for the 4 head 15 needle.  That's not too bad for a new machine.