Author Topic: Anyone run a Happy machine?  (Read 5737 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: Anyone run a Happy machine?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 03:39:41 PM »
Well, Tajima is out unless I come across a compact model used as they haven't made the compact model for a while now.

The Happy rep is coming by the office early next week and bringing a single head machine.  I'll see how that goes.  Retail price is 33k for the 4 head 15 needle.  That's not too bad for a new machine.

You can get SWF at that price point as well.  I would give them a look.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 03:57:12 PM »
We already had this discussion Brandt.  They don't make a machine that will fit in my shop.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 03:59:02 PM »
We already had this discussion Brandt.  They don't make a machine that will fit in my shop.

LOL, I had a 2 head underground in my house in PA.  Where there is a will, there is a way.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 04:00:31 PM »
if you have glass windows up front call a glass company, they can take them out pretty easily and reinstall them.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 04:12:20 PM »
Brad, they are not roof to floor windows.  My dryer is already coming in through the window as it is. :)

Brandt, I have to come into a 8x13' room, then turn 90 degrees and go through another door.  It's quite impossible to turn a 9' long machine sideways in an 8' wide room.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 04:22:08 PM »
gilligan, it's easy, just leave it diagonal in the room. ;)

You might be looking into moving again soon.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 05:28:31 PM »
LOL... sure, when I can find the right piece of land to build on.

I don't think I'm leaving here to rent anywhere else, but a nice big building where I can have other tenants pay the note while I enjoy a new huge shop wouldn't be too bad. ;)

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2012, 08:23:17 PM »
I have not met a Happy owner that was happy. That should tell you something. Instead of buying a POS just outsource the big jobs until you can get the space and buy the right equipment. I bet the sewing field is pretty small on that thing as well.

By the way did you get my email on the ping pong balls?
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 08:28:30 PM »
My son has a single head one that has been down for months.  Last set of boards cost him a lot and it's still not working.....and it's JUST a single head. 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 12:03:32 AM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2012, 08:58:44 PM »
12.x by 12.x that's not too small for me.

Screenxpress, that rep is possibly on his way to Texas, I know he "services" that area.  I'll make sure to mention your "feedback" that might prompt him to make it right with your son.

Even if nothing else if this guy ends up fixing your problems then it will be worth the little bit of time for him to come demo the unit. :)

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2012, 10:20:44 PM »
Barudan is out of the question for multiple reasons... one they don't make a machine that will fit in my shop, but more importantly they are PRICEY!  Even used people want what you could buy NEW from the other guys for and that is on nearly 10 year old machines. 

There-in lies some hidden wisdom.... A machine that holds it value so well.....hmmmm...

I know you have space issues, but I'd hate to see you compromise on machine quality because of it. Around here word is most Happy owners aren't.... Tajima and Barudan rule the roost for a reason.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2012, 10:28:40 PM »
I'm with you but Barudan is also like 40%+ more than most machines.  So basically they are 40% more on the used market as well.  That doesn't mean that they hold their value more, just means they start a whole lot higher up.

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2012, 10:45:26 PM »
There's always deals to be had..... I won't tell you what we got our 4 head Barudan for..... ;D
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 07:56:48 AM »
Brad, they are not roof to floor windows.  My dryer is already coming in through the window as it is. :)

Brandt, I have to come into a 8x13' room, then turn 90 degrees and go through another door.  It's quite impossible to turn a 9' long machine sideways in an 8' wide room.

I think you are finding your real probably is your space.  IMO its not a real good idea to let space dictate your capability.  I understand the issue though ;)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2012, 08:00:24 AM »
There's always deals to be had..... I won't tell you what we got our 4 head Barudan for..... ;D

I agree with that!

I got a 4 head 2009 SWF 4 Head in 2011 (2 of 4 heads never been used, 1 still had factory test thread on it).  I got it for 18k.  I got a 2007 SWF 4 Head for 15k delivered, little worse shape than the 2009 but still perfect working order. 

Great deals out there if you have a little coin.  In Gilligans case he may need to add a door to the building but at least he will have a machine that makes more sense.