Author Topic: Anyone run a Happy machine?  (Read 5758 times)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Anyone run a Happy machine?
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2012, 09:14:46 AM »
color me 10 shades of stupid but couldn't you get a few single heads and daisy chain them together? then space them however you need to?
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2012, 09:21:03 AM »
I guess, you would have to start each one and load the design in each one.  I think the Melco Amaya is made to run that way, where you can link them together and have them all run the same design or each run a different one.

I think a 2 head setup with that is the best.  That is why I really like the SWF Dual Function machine we have.  I run 3 heads with 1 design and 3 with the another.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2012, 09:40:56 AM »
They do have the ability to link them together.  The problem is that you are buying the "computer" and motors 4 times vs 1 time.  This drives the cost up substantially.

Even in the used market for the price of 2 single heads I could buy a 4 head.  For the price of 4 used single heads I could buy a brand new 4 head machine.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2012, 09:51:42 AM »
I would definately agree there Gilligan, you will pay more for a few single heads than a single 4 head. 

Two ways to look at that though.

At least with say 2-3 single heads, you could do 2-3 different jobs at a time.  Ill say it another way, id rather have 2-3 single heads that were full size machines over 1 4 head that is compact. 

Just food for thought.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2012, 09:58:19 AM »
Gilligan, you can always start with the compact and go from there.  I wouldn't care about getting an expanded sewing field.  You can either farm that out or turn it down.  See what your market is and expand from there.

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2012, 10:03:06 AM »
You know.......  You could always get a nice full size Tajima and fit it into your new larger shop.   ;) 

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2012, 07:25:23 PM »
We already had this discussion Brandt.  They don't make a machine that will fit in my shop.

LOL, I had a 2 head underground in my house in PA.  Where there is a will, there is a way.

Well Brandt I will have to admit you were slightly right.

After doing some more measuring and some playing around with mockups and tape measures, I figured out the room is actually just under 8.5' and that with a little Vaseline I should be able to squeeze a machine that is 113" long through that 2nd door.  I'd likely have to take off floor trim work as well as door frame trim work and still might have to give it some good solid kicks and break a bit in the process but it looks like I could make it.  Basically if it gets to the point that I think I can get it easily and still won't go quietly, I will make sh!t happen! ;)

BTW, 113" is the length of a Tajima 6 head compact. ;)

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2012, 10:28:43 PM »
Once you have the door frame trim off it's a cinch to pop out most whole hung doors frame and all, freeing 2-4" more space. You should see what I had to do to get the center hub of the auto through my double doors!
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2012, 10:51:43 PM »
Oh, I got to get an Auto through this same gauntlet sooner than the embroidery machine probably.

I have been told it should go through if I break it down to the smallest parts.  We shall see. LOL