Author Topic: How do we keep new people from excessive frustration?  (Read 6928 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: How do we keep new people from excessive frustration?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 09:46:40 PM »
I have a franchise place a few miles away that is in its second go-round. The first guy bailed a couple of years back and moved to his garage.
The new folks, pay for a street visible location, as well as attract walk-ins from a restaurant next door, and didn't even have a dozen white shirts on hand for a digital transfer or dtg  job that ended up at my place. for that reason.
How the heck am I ever going to close down in a couple of years if folks keep running their businesses like that? I was initially counting on a decline in business as an excuse to close down.
Maybe I should invite the owners here (if they haven't found us already)

btw, my buddy Tom who had a long running shop just around the corner from the then-new franchise a few years ago initially lost some business, but slowly saw many customers come back as the quality was not there. How much can a new franchise operator learn in their weekend training session? And it's not just screen printing, but embroidery, and DTG and cut transfers and the whole shebang. All at once!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 10:07:40 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 10:10:09 PM »
Owner of aforementioned first-go-around franchise is "friends" (rotary club?) with my new neighbor.

Came in and saw my shop a few days ago. Totally awkward moment. I'm some retarded punk.
He's now a business coach or something. (those who can't do, teach?)

Weird.

Offline Chadwick

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2011, 06:24:52 AM »
I didn't read all the responses ( I will ), but Doug's talk about coating a screen brought back an interesting analogy.
So I had this new guy I was training, who had absolutely no concept of liquids...
no sh*t folks, he tipped the coater and poured it all over everything EXCEPT the screen.
( I had shown him a few times, but I guess he wasn't paying any attention to that )
While this is happening, he gives me a dumb look like, what should I do now?
lol.
Kids these days.
He learned to be a decent enough printer, never let him near emulsion after that though.
he did learn how to clean up a major clusterf*cked  pink stain all over the floor.

lol.

Only you guys would ever hear that story, who the heck else could I share it with?
Cheers.

*spelling
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 06:26:57 AM by Chadwick »