Author Topic: This just happened?  (Read 6386 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
This just happened?
« on: September 24, 2012, 01:48:14 PM »
any one have a clue how to fix..everytime i try to open it i get this...yes i even turned my computer on and off.

thanks

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: This just happened?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 01:53:55 PM »
Do you have back-up of the database?

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 02:00:41 PM »
carbonite...but i cant seem to find anything...i think ive lost every god damn customer and invoice...unbeleivable.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 02:12:46 PM »
this is what i get

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 02:15:44 PM »
Contact Joe and good luck

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 02:18:49 PM »
Contact Joe and good luck

haha! thanks...this sucks

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 03:36:31 PM »
That happened to me about 2 weeks ago with  t-invoicer, sucked! pretty much lost everything until i remembered that i made a back up which was two years old. try to do a system restore point.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 04:00:07 PM »
not sure how to do it...even my backup is not working...wtf? how can the back up not work....this sucks.....

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 09:51:51 PM »
I've been a software developer of sorts for years and sounds like great software if it creates dedicated file type file extensions and does not make it's own periodic backup for situations like this.

Thanks for that info.   
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 10:13:49 PM »
It's a real self-defeating thing to do but, if you use proprietary software systems, always have an "analog" backup of your own design for times like this.  Something that might be laborious and annoying but, in the event of the unspeakable, could be migrated to a new system manually or simply archived in searchable manner.  .csv files, .pdf, whatever you can manage and demand clean export options from your software developers.  You never know when someone could drop out of biz or pass away, taking the knowledge of those unique file extensions and coding, and your data, with them forever. 

We've been slacking a little on this and I need to get back on it and seeing your nightmare situation just reminds me all the more.

Good luck man.  This does indeed suck.  I freak out if our system is down for even a few hours during business hours.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 10:32:57 PM »
it uses file maker pro as it's backend.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 12:49:22 AM »
I know it is redundant on top of my backup but I save a PDF of every invoice and put it in a separate folder for additional records. Did you ever hear from Joe?

www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 02:12:13 AM »
I know it is redundant on top of my backup but I save a PDF of every invoice and put it in a separate folder for additional records. Did you ever hear from Joe?

That's what I'm talking about.  You can compile into a massive, quickly searchable .pdf from there and keep a copy of that in a dropbox folder, etc.  If it hits the fan you can revert to something like this to reference past orders and keep rolling. 

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2012, 08:28:40 AM »
Nothing from joe...i'm going top priceit anyway...should have done that in the beginning.

On my computer i have everyones mockup and most invoices saved in each customers file..most invoices, most but not all are in each customers file. I have carbonite so back up for me..

Ive been useing tworks since november...and i have a paper copy of everyones invoice, but sorted into months...I thought i had it all backed up but guess not...

learning expierence..

thanks

Rob

Offline tworksjoe

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 03:27:19 PM »
whitewater,

Sorry for just now getting back. Are you running Single user or Multi-User with Filemaker Pro?

Joe