Author Topic: This just happened?  (Read 6388 times)

Offline tworksjoe

• Verified/Junior
Re: This just happened?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 07:03:46 PM »
OK, I was on vacation, sorry for the delay. If you're using T-Invoicer or T-Works Manager and you get the error when opening the program "The primary file is either not part of this application, is damaged, or is already open." don't panic, you're data isn't lost!

This can happen if your computer or the application suddenly quits, which can corrupt the database. There are a couple different ways to solve this issue:

1. Replace the corrupted database with a recent backup (for Single User):

First, Zip the following three files in the T-Works Application folder titled:

tworksdata.twk
products_db.twk
swatch_db.twk

(These database files can be found in the T-Works Manager folder in the Applications folder for Mac and C:/Program Files(x86) for Windows)

Save the Zip file to disk

Next, locate your backup folder and rename the three database files as follows:

tworksbackup.twk >>> tworksdata.twk
productsbackup.twk >>> products_db.twk
swatchesbackup.twk >>> swatch_db.twk

Next, copy the three renamed files and replace the three files that are located in your program/application folder for T-Works Manager with the backup files:

2. Recover Database (for Single User):

If you don't have a backup to restore from, then you will need to zip the three database files in the T-Works Application folder and email to support@t-worksmanager.com
and I will have to recover the data for you.

3. Replace the corrupted database with a recent backup (for Multi-User):

First, Zip the following database files in your Multi-User database folder and save to disk:

tworksdata.fp7
products_db.fp7
swatch_db.fp7

Next, locate your T-Works backup folder and rename the three database files as follows:

tworksbackup.fp7 >>> tworksdata.fp7
productsbackup.fp7 >>> products_db.fp7
swatchesbackup.fp7 >>> swatch_db.fp7

Copy the renamed files and replace the files in your multi-user folder.

4. Recover Database (for Multi-User):

If you don't have a backup to restore from, then you will need to recover the database in Filemaker Pro.

Open your Multi-User database folder and rename the "tworksdata.fp7" file to "tworksdata_corrupt.fp7"

Open up Filemaker Pro, go to the File menu and select "Recover..."

Select the "t-worksdata_corrupt.fp7" file in your Multi-User database folder. Next, name the recovered database as "tworksdata.fp7" in the same multi-user folder.

Navigate to that folder and open the recovered "tworksdata.fp7" file.

If your data is recovered fine then it is highly recommended to NOT work off the recovered file, instead importing the data into a fresh copy of T-Works Multi-User. Download the files from the link that was emailed to you and follow the import guide on the website to import your data.

Online Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Re: This just happened?
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 06:45:57 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but I've been having the same problem.

Joe - I E-Mailed you twice last week with no response. Please get back to me. I need to access my records and do my taxes from last year still.