Author Topic: Award winners plus one recent. . .  (Read 9770 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Award winners plus one recent. . .
« on: October 04, 2012, 05:21:13 PM »
rather crappy phone pix. I'll get something better when I finally come up for air, but this will give some idea of what they looked like.

all are discharge underbase (one was not, but on the consequent reprint today we changed that).
62 or 65 lpi all on 330s mesh.

all are 7 colors, BAD and Valkyrie are 4CP, Unleashed is simulated.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Re: Award winners plus one recent. . .
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 05:52:41 PM »
Pierre,

Did you do a discharge underbase then a plastisol highlight white? Your white is really white. I know photos don't represent the printed colors very well. Especially phone pics most of them alter the contrast so much the colors and whites are always over saturated.

Nice jobs. Keep up the good work. (Are you going to Vegas? I will maybe there Thursday night and Friday leaving Friday after the show.)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 05:57:07 PM »
both dark shirts have two underbase (as do all our other award winning shirts on dark garments). The highlight white was plastisol.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 06:32:51 PM »
So 3 whites? Highlight, discharge underbase with plastisol on top?

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 06:40:33 PM »
Yeah those are great but can I get a name put on the back and my kids number?? Do you do that?  The guy down the street adds that for free. LOL  Love em man you guys are pushing the bar for the industry outstanding!!  I often forget these are on t-shirts. Very nice.
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 06:44:56 PM »
Great work! 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 07:00:45 PM »
So 3 whites? Highlight, discharge underbase with plastisol on top?

yup!

The white is paper white and just as smooth. The BAD looks like it is printed on paper as a matter of fact. We ran the same thing with plastisol the first time around and the difference is HUUUUGE!

pierre

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 07:07:09 PM »
Looks like the one with discharge made the guy fat. Mental note discharge makes you fat.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 08:00:46 PM »
Nice job as always, Dan for seps or in house? what discharge system did you end up going with?
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 08:34:40 PM »
Damn Pierre!  Sweet prints!  That Valkyrie turned out amazing!
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 09:54:14 PM »
Out Standing!

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 11:40:57 PM »
niceeeeee

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 09:03:28 AM »
Hey Pierre, just great as always. Do you mind if I ask if your 2 underbase whites are a duo-tone for greater dynamic range? Very nice prints.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 09:10:17 AM »
Pierre which one has the DC UB? BTW the duo-tone UB was pioneered by Mark Coudray and gives greater tonal range. Very well done buddy!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 09:25:19 AM »
both black shirts have two underbases. As Tony said, it gives a much wider tonal range. The first UB is actually very weak and usually gray rather than white. The second one sits on top of the gray and provides true white to print on (where it's needed).
If using just one screen, it is hard to put down enough ink to get a solid white or if you do it, the fine detail is overblown.

pierre