Author Topic: Award winners plus one recent. . .  (Read 9805 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Award winners plus one recent. . .
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 09:56:53 AM »
Pierre,
           I need to come to your shop and take a few lessons dude you really hone your craft, Dam! nice work...I wish I had more custy wanting this type of work, but we still do the old bread and butter work with a diamond here and there, again Nice! prints.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 10:16:32 AM »
So my guess is the one on the left has the DC UB.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2012, 10:25:46 AM »
I thought I was a screen printer until I saw those pics lol.  Very nice work!!!!
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2012, 10:27:44 AM »
So my guess is the one on the left has the DC UB.

huh, sorry I misunderstood the question. . . Yes, the one on the left is DC.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2012, 10:48:24 AM »
Thanks man I thought so. This is very important for the purists and expertly illustrates how the DC UB significantly increases smoothness and resolution. I've touched on this before with poorer examples. Many are drawn to DC for the soft hand but are slowly beginning to realize how it delivers other added value. Enlarge the pic and you will clearly see the difference.
Again well done and thanks for sharing

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 11:20:31 AM »
I love all of them but the skin tone on the Valkyrie is stunning.  Did you nail it quickly or did it take a while to get her skin right? 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 11:41:57 AM »
I love all of them but the skin tone on the Valkyrie is stunning.  Did you nail it quickly or did it take a while to get her skin right?

all of the prints look 10 times better in person. Her skin tone is unbelievable and is much more realistic than the sunburn looking pix I posted (she does have a tan, but it is not as dark as in the image). We originally sampled this on a white shirt and just for shits and giggles threw it on a light blue. It looked pretty good and than we found one that really made the image pop. It was worth switching so we reseparated and resampled.  In both cases we sampled for about an hour.
The funny part is, only one company makes that particular shade of blue and it actually cost us an award as there is weave interference and we could not get a clean print. If Anvil made the same color shirt, it could have been a grand champion! It is that good.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 01:11:46 PM »
Question I did an DC UB and printed plastisol on top and the print was great! but it cracked when pull...what you adding to stop that from happen Pierre.

Darryl

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 01:30:20 PM »
Undercured. Flash the DC UB till most of the water is steamed out but don't discharge all the way. Slow the dryer down.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2012, 02:15:04 PM »
Question I did an DC UB and printed plastisol on top and the print was great! but it cracked when pull...what you adding to stop that from happen Pierre.

Darryl

I did a discharge underbase and it didn't crack. Did wet on wet no flash. I think it has alot to do with how thick you lay the top colors down. The main reason for cracking is undercured. Other reasons is the wrong percentages of base. Too much white in the base and it will crack. Also if you drench the shirt with discharge ink it will take longer to get the shirt to cure. I am still new at this but with everything what works for me on my set up and dryer maybe different for you. (I'm in arizona so the shirts dry faster in the dry heat)

Pierre again nice work. I didn't know you were using discharge. I am starting to see the advantages to this stuff. Like Tony points out.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2012, 02:55:02 PM »
Thanks, got to learn mixing inks again like I did when we use to pad print, I love working with discharge it brings a whole new ballgame to the print setup and how you work your art.

Darryl

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2012, 03:56:51 PM »
In house seps P?
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2012, 04:07:17 PM »

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2012, 04:08:41 PM »
Great Prints and great seps!!!  :)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2012, 04:10:56 PM »
regular strength process inks? man that flesh is amazing. . . .nicely done. . .
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...