Author Topic: Award winners plus one recent. . .  (Read 9808 times)

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
Re: Award winners plus one recent. . .
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2012, 10:29:23 AM »
Thanks man I thought so. This is very important for the purists and expertly illustrates how the DC UB significantly increases smoothness and resolution. I've touched on this before with poorer examples. Many are drawn to DC for the soft hand but are slowly beginning to realize how it delivers other added value. Enlarge the pic and you will clearly see the difference.
Again well done and thanks for sharing

To reiterate Tony's point about smoothness and resolution here are a two pics of a job from a couple of days ago for example.

First the plastisol UB:

...and the discharge UB:

Dale Hoyal

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Award winners plus one recent. . .
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2012, 10:40:17 AM »
Your pic shows it's indeed smoother and indeed colors are even a tiny bit brighter.  I can also see and appreciate the slight difference in depth of garment color use and how the red falls to the shirt color and creates additional tone in the mouth area. Slight difference between the plastisol and discharge, but it's there. I can appreciate that.

Thanks for posting.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850