Author Topic: I AM DOT-TONE-DAN  (Read 4060 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
I AM DOT-TONE-DAN
« on: April 06, 2011, 04:41:40 PM »
I am Dan Campbell and known on most all boards as Dot-Tone-Dan owner of Dot-Tone Designs.   Most of my art is made up of Dot Tones. ;)  Thus the name and I specialize in color separations of Sim process, process and spot colors. I have been in the screen print industry a few years before graduating from the Art Institute of Pittsburgh in Pa. waaay back in March of 1989.  Ive been involved in screen print art and printing with shops before and after art school and forever after. I am more of an artist and separator than a printer yet know the ins and outs of all facets but not an expert at any one area. I am pretty proficient at art/Seps but am not claiming to be an expert. That would imply perfection. I am like a Dr. Always practicing my profession. ;)

Oh yeah,  I can catch  57 coins flung from my elbow into my hand without dropping one of them. (Forget if it's quarters or dimes).
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 04:08:22 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: I AM DOT-TONE-DAN
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 05:56:39 PM »
damn! That's impressive!
57 you say? Wow!!!

Where they in the wrappers?
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 11:32:49 PM »
No wrappers. All loose coin.  Maybe it was 57 pennies.  I don't know. It was 57 of something. Lol.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline dlac

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 11:29:18 AM »
You say you know a little about printing and yet I know for a fadt you are running a precision oval in tht basement under one of the main disney rides and the goofy, sniffy and all those little people are helping you.. and at lunch break you have been seen on the roller coaster
dlac
Rastor to Vector is my favorite.. disastor is my
specialty and Dots make me crazy...

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 04:11:21 PM »
You say you know a little about printing and yet I know for a fact you are running a precision oval in that basement under one of the main disney rides and the goofy, sniffy and all those little people are helping you.. and at lunch break you have been seen on the roller coaster
dlac

Working at Disney is no mo and running the precision never happened. I had it stored for a while and ....long story, but I don't have it no mo. It never did work.

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 04:25:36 PM »
Oh yeah,  I can catch  57 coins flung from my elbow into my hand without dropping one of them. (Forget if it's quarters or dimes).

Yea but i KNOW you can't lick your elbow!
 :P
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 07:39:24 PM »
so wait.  . .little people. . .at disney. . .printing. . so oopma loompas are real? . . .I'll be damned. . .
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 10:28:13 PM »
57 simultaneously?.... Pretty impressive...but I can fart a pillow sack of humming bird feathers through a 57 Chevy piston ring mounted on a stand 3 ft above the ground at 10 feet in 10 seconds with a 20 mph cross wind.

Offline ftembroidery

• !!!
  • Just got new glasses, but I'm still disillusioned
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 02:06:37 AM »
I want to see a video of that Donnie....(suddenly thinking I may be sorry I said that)
Grant me the ability to change the things I can, the strength to accept the things I cannot and the wisdom to recognize the difference.