Author Topic: I-image S coming soon  (Read 3533 times)

Offline repogolfer

• !!!
I-image S coming soon
« on: December 08, 2023, 03:22:14 PM »
Got a new toy coming and I'm psyching myself out worrying about how I'm going to do my separations.  I'm a corel draw guy and most of our stuff is spot colors and usually everything goes through accurip and it's quick and easy.   Will it be just as easy once I get this printer?   There isn't much info online regarding this.   

For complex stuff we usually run it through separation studio 4...which again is fairly easy.  I'm assuming this program probably will not work with this printer...so I'm worried because I'm horrible at photoshop.

Any corel guys out there and if so was it an easy transition?  Or is this old dog gonna have to learn some new programs.

Thanks for any feedback.

Jon

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: I-image S coming soon
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2023, 05:24:09 PM »
I got you.

So, for corel, there is a specific few steps you have to go through.  It’s the same for Illustrator, but the procedures are in different areas an a td different.

M&R digital dept. Does have a pdf file step by step procedure (or at least they did).  There are not a lot of Corel users so it’s rare for them and may not have it at top of mind. May have to dig for it.

As far as your auto sep programs, you can still use those to do your “sepping” but will need to be saved as a dcs2 and dropped into a Corel template. Basically just like you do with AccuRip.

I f you need any help, shoot me an email or text me.  615-821-7850

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline repogolfer

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2023, 05:43:11 PM »
Thanks Dan for the reply.

Do you remember if they gave you the instructions before the delivery or at delivery during setup?  Maybe I can just ask them for it in advance...so I can prepare myself.

I appreciate the help and I'm sure I'll need some help once it arrives.

Jon

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2023, 05:55:12 PM »
corel here too, I print my seps as a PS file. Go to file, Print - look at your printer options, select "device independent postscript file"....open in your rip, send to DTS...

also - congrats on ditching film. I'd do shady things behind a dumpster at Big Lots before going back to film.....
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline repogolfer

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2023, 07:22:10 PM »
I had to do shady things behind the dumpster at Big Lots to get it.

I'm going to copy your post...that seems pretty easy.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2023, 12:55:12 AM »
The most important thing with these units is keeping it moving. Weekends off are okay but no more than 3 days. Then always be aware of your environment with regards to humidity and temp. Between 73 and 82 degrees for us is perfect, and humidity around 60 percent. But we are on T6 ink so you will be different. Not sure what ink they are on now.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2023, 12:49:15 PM »
The most important thing with these units is keeping it moving. Weekends off are okay but no more than 3 days. Then always be aware of your environment with regards to humidity and temp. Between 73 and 82 degrees for us is perfect, and humidity around 60 percent. But we are on T6 ink so you will be different. Not sure what ink they are on now.

That goes to show how different shops can need different settings.  I think T6 is where they landed as their go to install ink and continuously sell now. You can get others but have to ask for them. Some are good with what they are using and don’t want to introduce potential change over issues. I’ve seen shops with great results being at 35% RH and some with 60%RH.  Room temp is not (as important as is RH. But in general, you want to be at or above 60 degrees and below 90. And I’ve been in some at 90 degrees. You will find a balance and your screen room with benefit overall in other areas of the process  for being controlled.

I just changed out a print head last weekend for a shop that had been on their first head all along. I installed it in 2016. Even then, the head was not bad. It was just time to replace. Eventually it would go bad and I was available so we replaced it.

Technically, You can leave the machine on all of the time, night and day and leave for a wk if you want. It does auto spits of ink every so often when idle to keep it primed. Just come back and be sure to do a nozzle check when you come back and clear out any issues.

It’s important to really learn HOW to and be comfortable and confident in doing the flush and purges. Flush ink and cleaning solution and purge air out of the lines if any ever creep in over time. Pretty simple when you learn how. This is key to a long print head life.  The same gal ran this shops machine and she does her maintenance on a regularly scheduled basis as is described in the machine’s book.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2023, 09:25:29 AM »
corel here too, I print my seps as a PS file. Go to file, Print - look at your printer options, select "device independent postscript file"....open in your rip, send to DTS...

also - congrats on ditching film. I'd do shady things behind a dumpster at Big Lots before going back to film.....

Like what kinds of things?  Asking for friend.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2023, 12:27:44 PM »
May not help but I am Corel with an I Image.

I am different than most because I sep everything manually. I do not use any programs or built in settings. Every plate is on its own page and when I want to send to I Image I hit print, select Device Independent Post script File. Make sure print to file is selected and Pages to Separate Files. I choose a shared folder used between my PC and the I Image. This sends individual .ps files to that folder which they are then dropped into the appropriate folder for ripping. I have multiple folders set up for different halftone settings.
"No man is an island"

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2023, 08:41:14 AM »

Like what kinds of things?  Asking for friend.
I don't have any friends, but my second cousin wants to know too!
pj
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline repogolfer

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2023, 02:55:42 PM »
LOL...

Sometimes it's best to just keep things to yourself when it comes to this sorta thing....otherwise I'd lose any respect I have left.  Living in California I'm already looked down upon...LOL.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2023, 04:37:01 PM »
LOL...

Sometimes it's best to just keep things to yourself when it comes to this sorta thing....otherwise I'd lose any respect I have left.  Living in California I'm already looked down upon...LOL.
Dont worry about the respect! You will be a screenprinter with DTS! That right there and $10 will buy you a cup of Starbucks coffee* and make you immensely popular and wildly respected!

pierre
*except in California
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!