Poll

Okay, we've all goofed up at some point. Fess up! Have you ever...

1. Pulled a multi color shirt early?
2. Printed an empty board?
3. Fried a board? (probably more acurately, broiled)
1 & 2
1 & 3
2 & 3
1, 2, & 3

Author Topic: Confession time  (Read 12621 times)

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
Re: Confession time
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 01:49:35 PM »

Have you ever dropped a spray can on the belt to have it explode inside the dryer?

I've been in the room when it happens. (not my fault)

BOOM!!!   WACK!!!   ssss..........

The girl catching shirts that day pissed her pants.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 02:22:25 PM »
The worst I ever did was during set up at a show in California. We had just completed tacking a six color Predator belt printer and with all six 50X60 Newman roller frames loaded with ink I indexed the belt with the heads on. The screens came down, squeegee printed entire area of screens and then the heads lifted leaving the screens stuck to the belt,for a few seconds. All the mesh let loose from the belt at the same time and threw about three gallons of water base ink about 100 feet into the air and completely covered the ceiling in mostly blue(M&R blue of course)! We had one hell of a mess to clean up that night as it was the night before the show started. Bought a lot of cheap show carpet at that show for some reason!!
Rich Hoffman

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2011, 03:11:24 PM »
Thats pretty much what happened to me ........except the belt actually tried to index with the heads half up. The main frame got twisted up real good. That tack is sticky stuff!
Then there was the time when we indexed a person on the allover press but thats another story
tp

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 03:19:24 PM »
you guys all got me beat. . I once printed a few dozen polos breaking all the top buttons with the screen frame. . . I set a pallet on fire after scolding someone about doing it a few hours before. . .once with a shirt on it soaked in lacquer thinner, set the damn flash on fire - we used to clean platens with lacquer and mineral spirits, (the owner of the shop I worked at was an idiot). . .I shot a fresh can of spray adhesive with my pellet gun. . .on accident of coarse   ;). . .that was pretty awesome. . .I opened the oil valve on the auto to add more oil without realizing the air was on. . .that was a nice mess. . . I washed my face with stencil remover thinking it was simple green -I'm a bald guy so any oil remover/soap works just fine. . .stencil not so much. . .

Best post ever.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 04:52:17 PM »
The worst I ever did was during set up at a show in California. We had just completed tacking a six color Predator belt printer and with all six 50X60 Newman roller frames loaded with ink I indexed the belt with the heads on. The screens came down, squeegee printed entire area of screens and then the heads lifted leaving the screens stuck to the belt,for a few seconds. All the mesh let loose from the belt at the same time and threw about three gallons of water base ink about 100 feet into the air and completely covered the ceiling in mostly blue(M&R blue of course)! We had one hell of a mess to clean up that night as it was the night before the show started. Bought a lot of cheap show carpet at that show for some reason!!

The M&R Inkapult
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.

Offline DouglasGrigar

• Can you test, repeat, and measure it? fact or not?
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 07:17:13 PM »
A note on the object of Homer's pellet attack.
If we hadn't all, almost universally, changed to mostly water based adhesives, there would have been a fourth goof-up listed.

Have you ever dropped a spray can on the belt to have it explode inside the dryer?

Do you know what it sounds like to have a can of “screen opener” go into a 40 foot gas dryer?

I did not do either one, but it happened twice in two months!
When there are no standards, you must make them!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 07:20:30 PM »

Do you know what it sounds like to have a can of “screen opener” go into a 40 foot gas dryer?

It probably goes in quite silently, it's what it does 10 feet or so later that matters
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 08:18:59 PM »
I printed a fly that landed on a pallet once. That count for anything?

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 10:03:35 PM »

I had a pigeon egg drop in a screen once.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 12:13:24 AM »

Black Widow on the corner of a screen on my manual. I guess that's one reason to be
glad to be out of the garage.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2011, 09:25:23 AM »
I remember many years ago on the old old forum someone printed a mouse with pictures to prove it.

Worse i ever did was back when we still printed hats i sent the last one in the oven then as habit started to lower the oven height to t-shirt height. Hat caught on fire and started all the build up on fire as well that was between the two banks of ovens. I actually seen flames licking out of the center section of the double oven. Makes you more proactive about keeping the oven clean after that.
"No man is an island"

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 09:35:49 AM »
this seems to be a battle of "who pays attention the least" haha. . .good stories. . .I really don't want to add more. . .
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 09:43:34 AM »

Speaking of pigeons they used to like roosting in the warm dryer vents in the winter after they cooled down a bit. Unfortunately they often could'nt find their way out. They make a funny popping sound when we fired up the dryer in the morning when they came into contact with the exhaust blower motor.
Seriously though we addressed the issue immediately of course.......poor little guys never knew what hit 'em

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2011, 11:23:09 AM »
You wouldn't beleive how many 1-legged pigeons there are in the Budapest train station.  I think they chose to land on the wrong lines...ZZAP..and now they look like captain peg leg.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2011, 01:13:27 PM »
You guys are actually making me feel good about my frequent brain farts. Keep it up!