Poll

Okay, we've all goofed up at some point. Fess up! Have you ever...

1. Pulled a multi color shirt early?
2. Printed an empty board?
3. Fried a board? (probably more acurately, broiled)
1 & 2
1 & 3
2 & 3
1, 2, & 3

Author Topic: Confession time  (Read 12623 times)

Offline inkbrigade

Re: Confession time
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2011, 06:58:41 AM »
You have missed out on something truly special.  :o The sound will live with you forever!

Whenever my wife does that i can hear it across the shop. I always scream "Amateur Hour!" she really hates that.
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2011, 02:43:12 PM »
I bake a shirt board at least once a week, mainly because my shop is so small the press has become a turn style to get from one end to the other.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2011, 02:47:39 PM »
On a 1000 pc run I printed a couple empty boards trying to hustle.

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2011, 08:16:12 AM »
Once and only once I almost burnt my house down. Printing one afternoon, phone rings and i ran inside to get it, was talking for about 10mins and then I heard the noise of a crackling bonfire and I remember thinking to my self "I know that sound, who is having a bonfire at this hour of day." As I spinted to the garage the noise got louder. Opened the garage door and found that the pallet board was not locked in position and had turned where one board was under the flash which caught the shirt, rubber pad on the platten, and the screen above it with red ink which I just reloaded. The intire garage was full of black smoke and was pouring out of both car garage doors for the intire neighbor hood to see. I put out the fire with a water hose, aired it out and cleaned up all the ash all before my wife got home from her day job. To this day she has no idea how close we came to losing our house and I'm still super paranoid of the flash unit.

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2011, 04:16:31 PM »
you guys all got me beat. . I once printed a few dozen polos breaking all the top buttons with the screen frame. . . I set a pallet on fire after scolding someone about doing it a few hours before. . .once with a shirt on it soaked in lacquer thinner, set the damn flash on fire - we used to clean platens with lacquer and mineral spirits, (the owner of the shop I worked at was an idiot). . .I shot a fresh can of spray adhesive with my pellet gun. . .on accident of coarse   ;). . .that was pretty awesome. . .I opened the oil valve on the auto to add more oil without realizing the air was on. . .that was a nice mess. . . I washed my face with stencil remover thinking it was simple green -I'm a bald guy so any oil remover/soap works just fine. . .stencil not so much. . .

Best post ever.

Holy hell... worst thing I have ever done was print a 300 last minute rush order for a Chili HS homecoming but spelled it Chile. Followed by some beeotch screaming at me for an hour seemed like over the screw up like no one has ever screamed at me before with zero time for a reprint. I screamed back "well don't send me shitty artwork then!" after I had enough.  They ended up with 300 free shirts needless to say and lost the customer. Why customers think we are 24 hour photo is beyond me. Most embarassing is that they sent over another printer to pick them up so they could fix them with vinyl letters with hours to left before the event. This was back when I only had a table top press and flash curing (fun times).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:27:22 PM by endless ink printing »

Offline thinkdesign

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2011, 05:36:04 PM »
Three words...  Home Cash Business

Whew...felt good to let that out.

Offline prozyan

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2011, 06:44:02 PM »
Three words...  Home Cash Business

Whew...felt good to let that out.

Ouch.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2011, 07:00:41 PM »
OOOOh,  time to dust off an old image

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline thinkdesign

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2011, 10:47:23 PM »
I have a friend figuring how much the piece of junk is worth. In scrap metal that is.

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2011, 03:56:28 PM »
in the begining i was one phone call away from buying that crap but instead i made a call to a good frien in the industry.....very close!

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2011, 04:34:56 PM »
Come on guys -you all have honest mistakes -none of them are as stupid as mine. . .anyone!? . . . .breaking 3 cases of florescent light bulbs in the dumpster = good times. . .drinking four loko at 8am on a Friday = bad news. . .couldn't speak to answer the phone. . .one guys puked all over himself in the washout booth. . .sick for days. . . no wonder they banned it in NY state. . .

...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2011, 04:40:10 PM »
Come on guys -you all have honest mistakes -none of them are as stupid as mine. . .anyone!? . . . .breaking 3 cases of florescent light bulbs in the dumpster = good times. . .drinking four loko at 8am on a Friday = bad news. . .couldn't speak to answer the phone. . .one guys puked all over himself in the washout booth. . .sick for days. . . no wonder they banned it in NY state. . .

So, did you end up with fat girl or donkey girl?

See#3
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2011, 08:09:30 AM »
The worst I ever did was during set up at a show in California. We had just completed tacking a six color Predator belt printer and with all six 50X60 Newman roller frames loaded with ink I indexed the belt with the heads on. The screens came down, squeegee printed entire area of screens and then the heads lifted leaving the screens stuck to the belt,for a few seconds. All the mesh let loose from the belt at the same time and threw about three gallons of water base ink about 100 feet into the air and completely covered the ceiling in mostly blue(M&R blue of course)! We had one hell of a mess to clean up that night as it was the night before the show started. Bought a lot of cheap show carpet at that show for some reason!!
Rich I just remembered that happened to me at a Charlotte show. Precision booth. We were right there at the entrance. Opening day. We were belt printing an allover and the throwing a spot left chest on a Premier. Within 20 minutes of opening with huge crowd that had never seen a belt before and asking tons of questions when.....snapthe allover screen took a dump. Ink every where! It took about an hour to recover. We were so stressed out I think everyone was afraid to make a comment.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2011, 11:49:48 AM »
Oh one more trade show confession. I was doing a hands on seminar in Indianappolis. The people who were supplying me with the flash had issues and I was left empty handed. Thankfully the Late Great Karl Krumsic was on hand for the assist. We "persuaded" one of the security guards to let us in early to get in the Ray Paul booth and snatch a flash and bring it down to the room. I went to cut the tie back with my knife and sliced my index finger. Bad. Karl raced me to the E-room and 12 stiches and two hours later made it back in time for the seminar. Turns out manual printing directly after minor surgery not so good of an idea. After we cleaned up the blood a friend of mine took over while I was cleaned up and eventually reduced to the speaking part.
Good times