Author Topic: 3 weeks to receive a Wilflex MX ink mixing system? Doesn't that seem a lil long?  (Read 1642 times)

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
I wanted to order an MX system in the next day or two figured I'd have in hands within a few days and was told by my supplier that it would be more like 3 weeks. That seems a little extreme doesn't it? Anyone else run into this ordering a full ink mixing set up?
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Sounds like they are waiting on one or more of the compnents
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
That does sound a little weird. My supplier was short on halftone base but they got it in two days from Wilflex. Try one of the other suppliers that carry it and see if they are having the same issue. Sometimes it is not the manufacturer that is the delay.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Sam talked to his M&R NY rep and said they can get it together in 2 weeks, I just hate to nip a sale from my main supplier, but we are in need of a system for upcoming jobs and a week makes a difference.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Try Nazdar.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Ok, well man, that's cleared up! I got with my guy Rick from SPA to clarify the whole stock issue on the mixing system and here it is. If you call someone at your supplier and ask them for an ink mixing system or kit, they will assume you are talking about one of those "boxed" promotional kits. Those take a couple to a few weeks to get in.What I actually wanted was the components that make up the system in gallons and a 5 of the base, the book is online, and the software is downloadable. With that said, waiting 3 weeks to get a fancy box, and some other assorted crap that will end up collecting dust is a waste. SPA actually stocks all of the components we are looking for so booooooooooom, we will have that sucka tomorrow, maybe Friday since we figured it all out late in the day. Excited though man, the days of wingin it to make all these custom colors will be over. I guess the answer is always hidden in the details right.

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
Ok, well man, that's cleared up! I got with my guy Rick from SPA to clarify the whole stock issue on the mixing system and here it is. If you call someone at your supplier and ask them for an ink mixing system or kit, they will assume you are talking about one of those "boxed" promotional kits. Those take a couple to a few weeks to get in.What I actually wanted was the components that make up the system in gallons and a 5 of the base, the book is online, and the software is downloadable. With that said, waiting 3 weeks to get a fancy box, and some other assorted crap that will end up collecting dust is a waste. SPA actually stocks all of the components we are looking for so booooooooooom, we will have that sucka tomorrow, maybe Friday since we figured it all out late in the day. Excited though man, the days of wingin it to make all these custom colors will be over. I guess the answer is always hidden in the details right.

Screenprintguy:  You are 100% correct, it's all in the details!  Did Rick tell you that the Wilflex MX system is the most foolproof of all the Wilflex mixing systems because it uses Ready For Use (RFU) components. BTW, it's also the least cost effective of Wilflex’s color matching systems. 

If you want the most cost effective system you could look at the Wilflex Equalizer system, and if you want maximum versatility with the ability to utilize multiple bases you should be looking at the Wilflex PC system.  Personally I would recommend the Equalizer system to most shops. 
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662