Author Topic: Tworks management contact?  (Read 13991 times)

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Tworks management contact?
« on: December 05, 2012, 02:51:41 PM »
i purchased this over the weekend, and have run into tons of issues. I've emailed and called (at least twice a day), and have gotten no response.

Did i make a mistake to purchase this? Does anyone have a different contact number for them, besides what's listed on the site?

thanks!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Tworks management contact?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 03:22:13 PM »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 03:26:38 PM »
i did. Actually out of those three links, only one works!
Night Owls

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 05:44:10 PM »
is having issues with this software and getting no response a common problem?
Night Owls

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 09:04:18 PM »
I have that program and dont have to many issues with it. What seems to be the problem? Have you tried to call him?   805-798-1742 He is really cool but just a little hard to get to at times but he will get back to you.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 09:09:54 AM »
I have that program and dont have to many issues with it. What seems to be the problem? Have you tried to call him?   805-798-1742 He is really cool but just a little hard to get to at times but he will get back to you.

yup i've tried calling a bunch.

i'm trying to run the multi user on a mac, however i can't download the right plug-ins to set up my host computer. so right now i just have two versions of the software, on two different computers.
Night Owls

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 09:58:24 AM »
In sept. i was using this program..it crashed...i could not get a hold of him for a week...he did get back to me though..he was out of town at the time..he did restore everything..but on the the mac at the shop i could not open or anything, it kept saying plug in was not intalled..he had no idea why it was not working..but i reinstalled on my mac laptop and everything was restored...not sure what was going on,

but now i have priceit..

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 10:00:36 AM »
once he got back to me, we were in constant contact until it was restores...prob jus tout of town...

make sure you back everything up!

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 10:12:40 AM »
Yeah Joe is hard to get in touch with, but very helpful once you can get him. My main issue with T-Works is that very fact. We really like the program though and I wouldn't say you made a mistake purchasing it.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 11:48:28 AM »
once he got back to me, we were in constant contact until it was restores...prob jus tout of town...

make sure you back everything up!

He was out of town when this happened. I needed him for something then as well. Not a failure issue but a database question. I literally live about 20 minutes from so if we need to....you know go knock on his door. I can do that......lol

www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline sonicweaponprinting

• Verified/Junior
  • Screen Printing and Design from Kansas City, USA
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 08:25:30 PM »
I just bought T-Invoicer 4 for Mac OS X on thursday night, and didnt get an instant download link or an instant email for the download link. I had to email support 3 times just to get the link to the download. I finally got a link to the download a few hours after, but there was no actual documentation for the software in the zip for the program, and every single link to the owners manual and drivers are dead links on the t-invoicer site. I sent them a notice letting them know about the dead links on thursday. Its saturday, I still dont have the documentation after he responded this morning saying he would send me the links when he got into the office, and the weblinks are still dead. My question, is does any one have any documentation or use T-Invoicer 4 who could share the instructions with me ?

Sonicweaponprinting@gmail.com

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 10:48:53 AM »
I thought Id come back to let people know I finally received a working link to the software documentation, except instead of version 4 info, its from version 2.1 and the documentation is from 2007. I dont think this is an incorrect link, but I am pretty sure its the same documentation from version 2.1 until version 4 I just purchased. This documentation is for a pc version that the interface looks nothing like my osx version. Just thought Id share for anyone else considering using this softwarewhat kind of hurdles you'll have to jump through just to be sent a link to 6 year old documentation. Im kinda pissed at this point, if you're selling software, to people who hardly have much time to waste, get your act together and put updated documentationin easy to find spots that I dont have to email the software maker 4 times to just get a6 year old link. I know this isnt a top tier software but it is a service he's selling that you have to hassle support too much for. Ill let ya know how T-Invoicer 4 works if I ever get documentation that has software reference photos that look anything like the versionof the software I purchased.

Point being, if you're coming across this post researching your startup quoting software options, think about how valuable your time is, it seems this program and support is lacking in that caring and although it is very low priced and affordable and much smaller of an operation than most shop software, there will be a day when you might need to ask a question or your program could have errors, so think about how long you can afford to wait for slow response times.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 10:55:06 AM by sonicweaponprinting »

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 10:57:01 AM »
I'm sorry you are having this issue. We had something similiar, and the thread has since been deleted.

i've found he is usually available before 10am pacific time over the phone, but it's always phone tags, and call backs. I purchased t-works in Dec. and i still don't have it up and running yet. Thankfully he has been MUCH more receptive and helpful since my post gained some attention before being deleted.
Night Owls

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 11:01:54 AM »
I'm sorry you are having this issue. We had something similiar, and the thread has since been deleted.

i've found he is usually available before 10am pacific time over the phone, but it's always phone tags, and call backs. I purchased t-works in Dec. and i still don't have it up and running yet. Thankfully he has been MUCH more receptive and helpful since my post gained some attention before being deleted.

Yeah, I just went look for that thread to make sure this was the same software and I couldn't find it.  But I knew it was.

What gives, 3 guy's plumbing, why did that thread vanish?

It may have been posted in "his" thread but he shouldn't be able to expunge any stuff he doesn't like people reading if it is in fact true.  We obviously can't have slander going on.  But this is starting to seem like a theme but there is no way to tell that without a paper trail of this evidence.

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2013, 11:30:42 AM »
Im not one to waste peoples time. There are two things that I hate in this business, redundancy, and wasted time. I hate my time wasted, and I hate unnecessarily wasting others time, that being said, I offer my simple solutions to the issue.

I also dont trash people, I point out how shortcomings in service can be improved, and share my honest experience so other people dont get their money and time wasted.

All of my issues could be resolved in 3 ways:

1. Zip an UPDATED pdf documentation with the software training (version 4.1 for my actual OS - osx in my case, not version 2.1 of the software from 2007)

If you zip it with the download, I dont have to hassle him, also, I dont have to email multiple times and not only waste one persons time (me) but now two peoples time (him)

2. When I pay for a 'download only' version, and I complete payment, I should instantly receive a download link. How he has it configured currently, he gets a paypal email verifying he has received a purchase, and then has to manually email me, when easily in the receipt in paypal, he could give a download link.

3. Update the actual download links on your website to this documentation; every single link is not a real link and I even have pointed that out to him 4 days ago, yet the links are STILL dead. I can update those dead links for him if he needs help, I do web development, it is a literal 5 minute max fix.

Receiving the email link was only after I had to email him 3 times asking why I never received a download link or if I missed something online somehow. Thats my honest experience, he could alleviate so much of this simple error through a couple easy automation steps in paypal, then Id never have to be typing this.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 11:33:42 AM by sonicweaponprinting »