Author Topic: Tworks management contact?  (Read 14004 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Tworks management contact?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 11:40:39 AM »
With the history of this software and. Frustration of almost everyone that buys it, I would not touch it with a gun to my head. It's a shame that the last thread didn't get him thinking he needs to fix his issues yet apparently he hasn't and just continues selling. Sorry everyone that doesn't agree but he seems to care more about the bucks than providing what he is selling in a complete professional manner.
"No man is an island"

Offline sonicweaponprinting

• Verified/Junior
  • Screen Printing and Design from Kansas City, USA
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 12:09:29 PM »
That being said, I read a bunch of threads here on theshirtboard before making the purchase, feeling confident I was making an educated decision, I apparently had not read enough (or as another user pointed out, had deceptively missed if someone deleted the thread that could have saved me the wasted time) I may ask for a refund now knowing that this is actually not something new, but somewhat systematic of the way the guy chooses to do business.

Without beating a dead horse, and thread jacking to a different topic, I did narrow my options down from several, and I'll state the main reason I decided to purchase this software.

I'm using Printavo right now, I signed up and like the web accessability, I bought it to test and see its limits, it isn't perfect, but it isn't a quoting software either. It's more of a place for you to put in line-item pieces with already manually known prices that you figure out. The order management is fantastic, statuses for orders is great, and its dead simple, but still somewhat a very manual process. There is no auto calculate function or pricing matrixes just yet, which I thought was really one of the only things missing from the Printavo system. Besides that missing aspect, I can't complain,  think Bruce Ackerman on the other hand when it comes to caring about a product, and responding, is an excellent example of how you do it when it comes to presenting your product in a way that looks like its actively being developed. I think Printavo's a great product, and Bruce will eventually take it to that level with the pricing matrixes and more automation, he is an amazing developer. The guy even has a live web chat on his site, and I've chatted with him to where he even gave me a discount for a yearly subscription, and I think its a great product. I've emailed him suggestions about software, and he's responded to every single inquiry, unbelievable in comparison to T-Works support.

What I'm looking for that I like about owning a piece of software, vs using the web service, is I can install software on a laptop and take it out into the field, or on an airplane, or use it without an internet connection. I also own the software. If a website servers down, I can't access my info. If Printavo ever decided to sell itself, or change or shutdown (never would ever hope for that obviously) the reality is that my info would all be unaccessible.

What I don't like that I found about most either shop management software, or quoting software was subscription fees (this I know I am also paying with Printavo, but it is web-based, something I can't see people not charging subscription fees for, hence the search for cheap solid quoting software I can install on my computer) I think subsciption fees for software you own is pretty lame, and only should be a small upgrade fee or annaul fee if I'm going to bite for that.

Can anyone recommend a software that is similar that does the same things as T-Invoicer for around the same value. I'm willing to spend up to $250 or so for something that can save me all the time I lose doing quotes now. I am a pretty small startup shop only in operation for about 6 months but I feel the only thing slowing me down in making my process more efficient, is the unnecessary stress I'm caused by second guessing my manual quoting processes. These are the features I am looking for: (Pricing Matrix's, Ability to use Contract Printing Pricing Matrix, and a Retail Pricing Matrix, Email inside the program w/ Email History for easy info finding, Artwork Approval, Art Mockups attached to invoices, Multiple Print Location settings (Front/Back/Left Sleeve/Right Sleeve/Back Neck/etc), Add On Items for Line-Iteming (Tag Removal, Tag Reprinting, PolyBagging, Folding, Size Sticker Labeling, etc.),

I prefer owning software vs subscribing, what do you guys recommend that is either just that, or the best of both worlds (software / subscription / upgrade based)?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 12:12:29 PM by sonicweaponprinting »

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 12:15:14 PM »
Can anyone tell just at a glance what software this production sheet was generated from? I like the oversized larger mockup on it.

Offline cclaud3

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 12:23:09 PM »
I have been using t-works manager (mac version) since August of 2011. Had a small issue with the bottom of PDFs cutting off when saved out of the program. Took a few days but he modified the core files and sent me a download link. Haven't had any problems since then. I think he charges a fair price for the product.

His response times are definitely delayed. It really sucks for the 2 people that have had issues recently. Especially not being able to get a download link in a reasonable time.

I am aware of a couple other people with problems on the t-shirtforums site but I don't think that it's fair to state that the almost the majority of people who bought it are frustrated. I don't believe that the issues stated through web forums are an accurate way to measure his customer's overall rating of his software. I think the value of the program outweighs the delay in response.

I don't have a scientific reference for backup on this but: I think a customer is more inclined to comment on a negative experience of a product than go out of your way make a positive comment.

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 12:35:17 PM »
I think the price is amazing. What it can do seems amazing. It seems pretty simple and very easy to use I read the manual and watched the videos, super quick. I guess my confusion was finding how or whats new from older versions and just a more thorough explanation as to why theres such a lack of clarity there.

Forgot to mention, if he had forums, someone could create a 'knowledgebase' of scenarios and never have to worry about us hassling him, we could manually help him do all that on a per case basis, but his Forum link on Tworks site is also a link to forums that dont exist.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 01:09:05 PM by sonicweaponprinting »

Offline cclaud3

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 01:06:21 PM »
I agree, having a forum on his site would be nice. I haven't used t-invoicer but if you have a question (once you get a copy of the latest/proper version) I'll see if it's something that I do/can do in my version and will try to help.

BTW, I looked at Printavo. Seems cool, the main thing I hope he changes is to put all the sizes for a particular product on one line. It seems that now you have to put the small, medium, larges, etc on different line items.

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 01:10:52 PM »
I agree, having a forum on his site would be nice. I haven't used t-invoicer but if you have a question (once you get a copy of the latest/proper version) I'll see if it's something that I do/can do in my version and will try to help.

BTW, I looked at Printavo. Seems cool, the main thing I hope he changes is to put all the sizes for a particular product on one line. It seems that now you have to put the small, medium, larges, etc on different line items.

Thanks I will for sure, I love the fast markup calcs it does for the matrix. Very Impressive and really awesome that it can be used to quick quote on a phone call.

Offline EmbellishAthletics

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 02:10:53 PM »
We have been looking at FastManager but havent pulled the trigger yet. I also like to own the software and not pay the subscriptions. I am going to look deeper into it as soon as we get through these equipment installs.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 02:15:54 PM »
Just a note about the thread being deleted. Currently, since we started, we offered suppliers the option to have and moderate there own section. We have not had much participation in those areas and have briefly discussed removing them for that reason.

I have not heard of any one of us three being the one to have deleted that thread. If it was deleted, then it must have been the one moderating that. This action was not really the intent for allowing them to moderate. It was to remove the workload and maintence from us to them.

With that said, we do understand the value in seeing a suppliers history and feedback, both positive and negative. We may do away with those sections all together or come up with another option.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Hegemone

• Verified/Junior
Tworks management contact?
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2013, 02:42:25 PM »
Sonic. That production sheet looks a lot like tworks manager. I haven't printed any yet but that looks pretty simple to the mockup sheets I have printed. I will go print one now for giggles and see for sure.
(mikel@)(www.) 1PartArt1PartTee.com

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2013, 02:49:12 PM »
Just a note about the thread being deleted. Currently, since we started, we offered suppliers the option to have and moderate there own section. We have not had much participation in those areas and have briefly discussed removing them for that reason.

I have not heard of any one of us three being the one to have deleted that thread. If it was deleted, then it must have been the one moderating that. This action was not really the intent for allowing them to moderate. It was to remove the workload and maintence from us to them.

With that said, we do understand the value in seeing a suppliers history and feedback, both positive and negative. We may do away with those sections all together or come up with another option.

Thanks Dan... got to keep em honest!

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2013, 03:39:11 PM »
Sonic. That production sheet looks a lot like tworks manager. I haven't printed any yet but that looks pretty simple to the mockup sheets I have printed. I will go print one now for giggles and see for sure.

Badass! I may end up doing the upgradeto Tworks Manager even with my previous frustrations, its just such a damn good deal for what the software offers. I didnt mean to come off as throwing the guy under the bus before, I honestly want to help him alleviate his simple fixes if he'd let me set him up a support forum or knowledgbase I think it could help us all who want to use it now or in the future.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2013, 03:44:11 PM »

Badass! I may end up doing the upgradeto Tworks Manager even with my previous frustrations, its just such a damn good deal for what the software offers. I didnt mean to come off as throwing the guy under the bus before, I honestly want to help him alleviate his simple fixes if he'd let me set him up a support forum or knowledgbase I think it could help us all who want to use it now or in the future.

I agree, i wish there was a forum. i feel like that would be really helpful!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2013, 04:13:03 PM »
@erichartsu , that shirt pricing calc on your apparel section of your site is rad. Did you guys use a plugin or is that all custom coded?

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2013, 04:22:58 PM »
@erichartsu , that shirt pricing calc on your apparel section of your site is rad. Did you guys use a plugin or is that all custom coded?

it's all custom coded, but now we have to change it, so that we have accurate pricing with t-works. It'll actually be way better when we get to doing it
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285