Author Topic: Static Frames?  (Read 1165 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Static Frames?
« on: December 06, 2012, 05:01:23 PM »
I still buy static frames from different companies, my question is what is the norm on newtons on those type frames 15, 20, 25 etc that you have bought.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: Static Frames?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 05:27:03 PM »
Last three orders I placed I returned right away. Everybody promises north of 20 N/cm. None of them were delivered like that.

Switched to Newmans and now I can control the tension.

Offline starchild

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 05:48:58 PM »
When considering static frames, the specs of the particular mesh used on the frame is what's important. The amount of newtons the screen is stretched to should be in direct relation to the mesh's thread diameter & % open area &  ink volume. To achieve optimum performance of the particular static screen you are paying for, it should be stretched to the manufactures spec. The mesh's elongation properties must also be considered so that after work hardening, the tension fall's within the optimum %open area, whether it is 15, 20, or 25 newtons.  This can only work if you know the characteristics of the mesh and trust that the supplier does too. Another way to control this however is bringing the stretching in-house. And I figure it is simpler to stop and start over on retentionable frames than it is on static glue frames.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 05:49:52 PM »
I bought almost 200 of them over a few years and the highest I ever recorded was 22 newtons.  The vast majority of them were in the 12-16 newton range after a few runs through production and I have kept the 10 out of all of them that were 18 or above.  I bought from several different suppliers and they were all the same.  I haven't bought any in several years though so maybe they are better these days.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.