Author Topic: Emb. quality example attached. Did I really get screwed?  (Read 3953 times)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: Emb. quality example attached. Did I really get screwed?
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 06:20:59 PM »
Ouch     :(

Offline ftembroidery

• !!!
  • Just got new glasses, but I'm still disillusioned
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 01:37:23 AM »
Dan,

#1 Problem: Poor quality digitizing, #2 Hooping technique (that includes the PROPER use of the CORRECT backing), #3 Thread tensions, #4 Probably sewn way too fast.

Actually, it's not all that easy to diagnose "from afar" even with a decent pic, but I suspect you'll need a different embroiderer.
Grant me the ability to change the things I can, the strength to accept the things I cannot and the wisdom to recognize the difference.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 07:41:38 AM »
Thanks everyone for the education. Not having any exp. At Emb. It helps for me to know what to look for next time and can speak a little of the lingo.

I contacted a company about 40 miles from me and they have great samples.
I originally posted here for the contract work and digitizing but nobody here bit on it. I assumed it was just too low in quantity to be attractive as contract. 26 units.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 12:32:46 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 07:50:44 AM »
How big was a small text? I would not make it any smaller than a .25", especially that thin. You could get it that thin but you would have to use thinner needles and 60 weight thread.
26 units for a small shop is a decent amount to work on, but only if the garment is purchased through the shop too. Contract work, not as great of a deal. :( 

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 07:57:49 AM »
I agree with Dennis, small text is a bear to deal with.  I don't like to go below .2" tall.  Under that and it looks bad usually, especially on polos.  Polos are the worst to sew on and the most popular thing we do.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 07:59:52 AM »
From the looks of the back pic there is some serious serious tension issues both top and bottom thread. I cannot tell what the backing is but that could be wrong as well.
"No man is an island"

Offline shellyky

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2011, 11:29:17 AM »
I just saw this thread....here's my response.   "LOL!"  Wow thats nuts.