Author Topic: American Flag made in the USA - by me  (Read 3948 times)

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: American Flag made in the USA - by me
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 11:36:23 AM »
Oh BTW nice job on that print. You should never have to overload pigment ( at least I never have) sometimes to much activator can blow out a color tricking you into believing you need more pigment.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 12:43:46 PM »
Oh BTW nice job on that print. You should never have to overload pigment ( at least I never have) sometimes to much activator can blow out a color tricking you into believing you need more pigment.

I used 3 percent Activator on this one. I think I have to bump that up a little. I had some reject shirts where the color was not as bright and a little splotchy. Could have been caused by not enough pressure since these were printed manually. This was the first time I got a good red with the CCI pigments (not that I was trying for a long time) It wasn't that hard. I overloaded it to test that and it did help with the deepness of the print. I would like to know what the Chemist at CCI would say is the max pigment load for their bases. Well I have to get back to printing. I have 3 more discharge jobs this week to do. I am making a strong effect to do discharge on as many jobs as I can this year. Its an education and have helped with me being burned out on working latley.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 12:53:12 PM »
I would like to know what the Chemist at CCI would say is the max pigment load for their bases.

Not CCI, but Rutland states 13%.