Author Topic: Wasatch Softrip and multi black  (Read 3856 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Wasatch Softrip and multi black
« on: January 17, 2013, 02:25:28 AM »
I`m so new to working with Windows and now I have to install and set up Wasatch Softrip too. HEADACHES. Anyway is there a Multi-black set up option in Wasatch similar to the one in AccuRip that allows you print black dye ink from more then one cartridge?

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Wasatch Softrip and multi black
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 10:24:53 AM »
Wasatch prints from one only. Even when I was using Accurip I still only printed from one. It makes no real difference using all of them or one. The cool thing about Wasatch is I can add CMYK back into my other tanks and print with it or even add dye sub. It also controls multiple printers at the same time.I have had Wasatch for a little over a week now so I have not been able to play with it. I did not set it up though. Our supply rep did it all for me so I cant help with the installation. We also linearized it with a densitometer which also made a huge difference.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline willy35

• www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 03:39:25 AM »
Rockers after all this years, did you manage get multiblack ?

I have accurip with 7 blacn cardbridge, wonder if wasatch is the same.

www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
San Gen Shugi - real place (Gen-ba), real part (Gen-butsu), reality (Gen-jitsu)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 08:18:40 AM »
Actually I gave up for one simple reason, there is really no point in using a multi black set up.

Offline willy35

• www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 10:08:58 AM »
I am only use to accurip, from my understanding multi black allow me to print faster @ lower resolution and still get a perfect black.
Perfect for standard and spot colors job.

Multi black maybe useless as for best halftone printing, the highest resolution of the printer is needed, hence 1 channel is enough.

I hope I didn't wrote something wrong  :)

I may get wasatch and use it for critical halftone job, and see if there is real improvment.

Thank you !
www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
San Gen Shugi - real place (Gen-ba), real part (Gen-butsu), reality (Gen-jitsu)

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 11:55:28 AM »
Wasatch is a little more complex than AR.  Some really good pre-programmed curve functions to punch contrast, lower or raise tonal values by 10%, which can help on weak bases or overly saturated base plates for quick fixes.  A great use of Wasatch in full color mode is to print out comps that color match very well.  Just like halftone linearization you can do the same with color so that it can print out a WYSIWYG off of a calibrated monitor.  This can eliminate hours if not days of sampling.  I have seen it utilized where one sample is printed to show print quality, all others are printed comps.  Cross platform printing is possible where there may be POP or other marketing art that can be printed near end user for fast distribution of printed materials.  You can linearize printers on any continent for color and have local vendors print the marketing items that will match posters printed elsewhere in the world all for immediate delivery and save a ton on shipping.  Not exactly a t-shirt function, but these are avenues for growth in a global view of how digital printing can perform just in time miracles in marketing.  Band tours, product roll outs, ad campaigns are often multi product oriented with t's posters etc.
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline dhoepp

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 04:44:15 PM »
I must know, how does this work in accuRIP? also, if it's not necessary, how do I get it to work in Wasatch? I have a P9000 with all black cartridges