Author Topic: On the press..  (Read 3329 times)

Offline Donnie

• !!!
On the press..
« on: June 14, 2011, 10:14:11 AM »
Actual print. This one has been setting on the shelf for a while awaiting go ahead by customer.  Seps by Dan.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: On the press..
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 10:20:19 AM »
that looks great!
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 11:09:29 AM »
WOW.  Looks great.

You forgot to tell them it has none of the following inks.  Brown, Black, Orange, Gray.
That brown came out good. I like the smooth looks from all of the halftones meshing together. NICE.

230 base
300's top colors.

55lpi, 22.5 degree's and ellipse dot shape.

Hey Donnie,
What inks are you using for this?

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 11:51:02 AM »
Looks good!  8)
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 01:18:49 PM »
WOW.  Looks great.

You forgot to tell them it has none of the following inks.  Brown, Black, Orange, Gray.
That brown came out good. I like the smooth looks from all of the halftones meshing together. NICE.

230 base
300's top colors.

55lpi, 22.5 degree's and ellipse dot shape.

Hey Donnie,
What inks are you using for this?

The whites are Rutland Snap White.  The rest are well lets see, the yellow, green, purple are Wilflex and the red is Union. It really pops!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 08:05:06 PM »
Nice tag team on simulating that brown!  Looks tight.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 09:20:10 PM »
Holy freakin SCHIZNIT............where do you learn to print like that
signed
spot color stupid
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Northland

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 09:36:02 PM »
Thanks for posting that jpeg.... inspiring !!

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 12:17:06 AM »
signed
spot color stupid

It's like this...some people learn by seeing, others by doing  and some times you have to piss on the electric fence.

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 05:12:09 AM »
WOW great job guys!
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 12:34:06 PM »
signed
spot color stupid

It's like this...some people learn by seeing, others by doing  and some times you have to piss on the electric fence.

here is the damn problem.................i can piss on an electric fence but printing like that i don't even know where to start.
signed spot print stupid :-[
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 12:39:29 PM »
signed
spot color stupid

here is the damn problem.................i can piss on an electric fence but printing like that i don't even know where to start.
signed spot print stupid :-[

actually, it is much easier than you think. Get the art you want to print and send it to Dan. He'll separate it and give you the print order, colors and mesh count. Burn screens and go at it. I'll bet you $100 that if you do what he says (99%) you'll have good prints after few hours of playing with it. Imagine all the extra jobs you could take if you could
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 12:58:48 PM »
Pierre's right mooseman, you just gotta believe. If you can print one color, you can do the rest, and you already do anyway, just not with that kind of art. It's pretty cool to see it come together for the first time on your press...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 11:49:26 PM »
You can do it montage.