Author Topic: Will the Real Electrician Please Stand Up  (Read 4448 times)

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Will the Real Electrician Please Stand Up
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 07:37:21 PM »
Between openings (removable covers) there should be no more than 360 degrees of total bend.
As you witnessed... too many bends increases the likelyhood of insulation being damaged during installation.

I'd like to meet the brute that can pull wire threw seven 90 degree bends !!!

I'm sorry to have mislead you.  There were seven 90 degree bends but a total of 4 openings with plates, but we had to pull in stages from opening to opening and it was still a b!tch.....even using a product that was like a super KY Jelly made for wire-pulling.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 09:56:01 PM »
God,

30 foot.......what a dream......and I bet no 90 degree turns......lol

Two 90's in the conduit. I placed a rope through it as I assembled it. By the last 10 feet the only way I could pull the three tied cables against the friction in the conduit was to squat down, pull the rope taut over my shoulder, then struggle to stand up. My nuts were protesting mightily.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 11:01:32 PM »
LOL.  Well at least I was the "pusher" and had a helper doing the "pulling".  Doing it all by yourself is tougher.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 11:56:51 PM »
My math says that since the power company charges in KWH and using the formula W=V*A, the 220V (same Amps) unit would be a bit cheaper to run and more efficient.

Well a watt's a watt.  Power company doesn't care what amperage you use while ringing 'em up.  Higher voltage means lower amps and that does mean less load on the panel though.