Author Topic: what specific donut probe/reader do i need to buy  (Read 11320 times)

Offline ErinAllenLamb

• Verified/Junior
Re: what specific donut probe/reader do i need to buy
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 02:22:36 PM »
Here is a basic how to that we give for the thermoprobe.

How to Thermoprobe: http://www.polyone.com/en-us/about/businessgroups/Inks/Literature/How%20To%20thermoprobe2.pdf

Offline shellyky

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 03:43:55 PM »
fantastic--thank you!

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 07:28:07 PM »
A shop I worked at long ago had to buy a new thermometer unit after only having it for a week. A new guy took a reading with it (curing some thick white ink, may have been puff or something) and after the donut was half way through just set the whole thing on the belt and let it go through.

15' tunnel on a gas fired dryer. Slow belt, about a 3.5 minute dwell.

The funny thing was the in-feed was 10' long, so there was PLENTY of time to stop it, except everyone was at lunch.

::)

So ya...don't do that.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline BorisB

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 11:50:47 PM »
Erin,

i love these instruction sheet. Today will printed, laminated and hung near all our dryers.

When i started printing Wilflex's little black book was greatest piece of literature to me. I used it all the time. was really sad that 2004 was the last year you published it. It went way beyond regular sales brochures, but contained plenty of very useful information. Maybe not so important to you in US, but here in Europe is different. We for example never get visits from sales reps. I had less than five visits of ink sales reps in my 15 years in business. And of those was American.

I spent 10 min on Wilflex webpage trying to locate the other How-Tos mentioned in this one.  Where are you hiding them?

Offline BorisB

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 12:04:34 AM »
I will try to be useful too.  In attachment is  a form we use for profiling/checking our dryers. Perhaps you find it useful. 
On probe we marked each 0,5m with polyester sticker that withstands temp.

On the second page is slovenian version. In case you have slovenian speaking personal  ;)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2011, 06:53:59 AM »
I have a 1995 version of that black book...it's still useful.

Offline Scobey Peterman

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2011, 05:11:23 PM »
Brandt & Shelly,

If you ever come by the Sweetwater exit on I-75 (exit 62) stop in.  My shop is only 3 miles from the interstate.

I have a dount probe that hooks up to my dryer.........................very cool
Quality over Quantity

Offline ErinAllenLamb

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2011, 09:29:20 AM »
Scobey - I want an invite! My brother lives in Sweetwater and I live in Oliver Springs! :)

Black Book - We love the black book as well and I am sad to say that the last publication is from 2004.  However, much updated literature is on our website.  Our website is hard to navigate and that is something that we are looking at and trying to address.  Visit Technical Literature to view much of the available literature.  The Thermoprobe How to happens to be in Product Brochures.

Erin

Offline shellyky

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 04:24:59 PM »
got my probe and reader!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 07:12:15 PM »
Bumping this thread because I found it on a google search for "atkins probe" or something and just bought the setup from Instawares.  Saved about $200-250 getting it from a restaurant supply.   Good job forum!

Offline squeegee

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2011, 07:20:48 PM »
This is the one I have, and that is a good deal compared to what I paid, score, I mean except for me  :o

http://www.instawares.com/cooper-atkins-screen-print-kit.cak-93816k.0.7.htm?Ts=0&view=list

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2011, 08:04:58 PM »
Well snap, I actually would've paid the extra $35 or so for that kit @ $317.  Looks like it has some extra sensor wire and a case never hurts for instruments being subjected to a print shop environment. 

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2011, 08:49:30 PM »
Man that seems high... I'll have to run my k-type in my dryer and see what it tells me.

That donut almost seems like it's making some sort of X with the end of the probe.  I'd be willing to do that to mine if someone could get me some better pics/description.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2011, 09:58:05 PM »
Man that seems high... I'll have to run my k-type in my dryer and see what it tells me.

That donut almost seems like it's making some sort of X with the end of the probe.  I'd be willing to do that to mine if someone could get me some better pics/description.

Hit the link in Erin's post to the Wilflex overview pdf.  It has some closer pics.  It does look like the probe wires cross and make contact and the donut just holds it all in place.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2011, 10:54:22 PM »

If you want the real thing, and already have the thermometer, you can get just the probe and wire http://www.instawares.com/screen-print-donut-surface.cak-50008k.0.7.htm?view=list
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?