Author Topic: Shurloc squeegee clean  (Read 12167 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Shurloc squeegee clean
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2013, 06:59:02 PM »
@Rockers - I did receive your first email with the address, and we are still trying to look into shipping options. The bosses have been out for a week plus now so I haven't been able to discuss it in full with them. The $300 price point probably isn't going to happen with it as it wouldn't even cover our costs of putting the components in there, but we will see what we can do. As far as distribution goes, if you think the $600 price tag is too much, wait till you see distributors wanting to charge $1000 for it. I will try my best to get them nailed down on a price and shipping to Japan for you ASAP though.
No way am I expecting to buy it for $300. And as for distributers I was asking if you guys would be interested in selling  it in Japan, I`m having good contacts too a few major distributers here in Japan. They sell Union Ink, Wilflex etc and other equipment from the States.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2013, 10:54:44 PM »
So, I got our squeegee clean in the other day and ran some squeegees through it.... Here are my thoughts:
-Doesn't work as smoothly as they make it look at the show.
-It is messier than I had anticipated and hoped for.
- NEEDS to be screwed down
- using the adapter for a drill or whatever would = huge mess.

-it gets the job done well

Basically my biggest beef with the unit is, it sprays cleaning solution out of the ends. I understand why they need to be open, for clearance for the squeegee when moving it, but some rubber closing flaps are a MUST. I don't regret getting the unit, with a slight modification(rubber flaps) it will be a step in the right direction. But the unit will never be able to be put in a "clean" area. Probably best to put it by where screens are cleaned. Also a rinse bucket of plain water would be good to have by it to remove the ink remover chemical film that is left on cleaned items.

Product does as advertised, just maybe not as clean. I give it a 7. Plus I hate the smell of mineral spirits!

Anyone else that got one have any thoughts?
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2013, 08:20:15 AM »
Yeah, two broom heads mounted inside a parts washer sink.  $40...no moving parts...and the mess is self contained.  I have been saying over and over again how much better my design is for cheaper.

Sometimes things are over engineered.

Offline Spreading Ink

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2013, 01:53:22 AM »
We took the plunge and bought one of these.  With a 12, 8, 14 and 16 color press there is an over abundance of squeegees to clean in our shop.

Just got it in and got it mounted yesterday.  Job that no one liked doing now has people lining up to do it.  We did not buy the 'holder' cap as I really didn't think anyone in our shop would take the time to mount the squeegees to it to clean them.  Within the day they have already figured out how to do it without using a holder and the simply put the lid on unit after running the squeegee down into the brushes.  The cap keeps the fluids from splashing out the ends and they are running the brushes in both directions causing the squeegee to move back in forth in the unit - 30 - 45 seconds later squeegee clean and done with less mess overall and much faster than before.

YMMV.  Yes it is expensive - yes I could have hobbled something together for cheaper - but the reduction in time and labor with the number of squeegees we have to clean daily will pay for the unit in a short period of time by my calculations.

Ask me in three months what I think and I may have a different opinion, but for now - happy with the device and suspect I will be three months from now as well.

If we had one auto I don't think it would be worth it, but I think it is a good fit for our shop.
Spreading Ink
3031 E Cherry St.
Springfield, MO 65802
417-771-3855
Vist us on Facebook!

Offline BorisB

Shurloc squeegee clean
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2013, 01:54:01 PM »
Same here as in your shop.
I  just wanted to test it, play with chemicals to see what works ( we are in Europe, different chemicals available) and give demo to my employees. Finally they let me clean first three squeggees only. Cleaning squeggees is not most hated job on production floor any more.
And I know I can mix better chemicals still.
I'm happy I bought it.

Boris

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2013, 02:29:19 PM »
For all of you who want to get your hands on the Squeegee Clean before you decide to invest, Shurloc is gracioulsy sending one is as a demo unit for the PROScreen-Professional Screenmaking workshop at Mind's Eye Graphics in Decatur, IN on April 19-20.  Touch, test, and experiment with this new timesaving tool during the programed networking & Best Practices portions of the workshop.  Details at www.mindseyeg.com
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline islandtees

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2013, 11:16:04 PM »
I bet shurloc is following this thread.
Will you have one in Orlando for the show. I want to see one myself.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2013, 06:42:07 AM »
Still no hits on that Blade Runner!

Offline shurloc

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2013, 05:38:48 PM »
I bet shurloc is following this thread.
Will you have one in Orlando for the show. I want to see one myself.

Am I so predictable that you think I'm watching this?

It will be there and we will have some fun deals on them... We can't wait for everyone to see it, so make sure to stop by booth #331 - shoot a video with your cellphone or whatever and post it here. We just finished a quick YouTube How To with it and you can check that out as well.

Squeegee Clean - How To Use
Online at: www.shurloc.com - Like Us On Facebook: shurloc.com/Facebook - How To Videos: shurloc.com/YouTube - Follow Us For Updates: shurloc.com/Twitter

Offline GKitson

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2013, 10:45:36 AM »
I am going to see Sheri and the Shur-Loc crew at ISS Orlando this weekend for lessons so we can demo the unit correctly at the PROScreen workshop at Mind's Eye on April 19-20 in Decatur, IN.  Looks like it will make life a bit easier in the production area.

See you at the show!

Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline GKitson

« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2013, 07:55:31 AM »
We just finished a great PROScreen-Professional screenmaking event at Mind's Eye and demonstrated a Shur-Loc Squeege Clean unit for everyone.  Great tool, simple and easy to use time & solvent saver.
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2013, 02:37:21 PM »
I have to say I like ours the more I get to use it. Thanks to the roughly 10" of snow we got the other day, YES in late April! I stayed late to avoid what would of turned into a 3hr ride home. Spent some time with the squeegee clean, it does a heck of a nice job. It still splatters cleaner fluid around the area and you need at least 1 glove(sparkles optional) but the squeegees and goop scoops come out nice and clean! Just wish there was a way to make it a bit less messy, that would allow us to have it by where we mix ink and have our squeegees waiting to go.
Still faster, cleaner and nicer than what we were doing before the unit.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline GKitson

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2013, 11:14:09 AM »
Regarding the splash back, I know this sounds backwards, but reduce the amount of solution and turning the crank slower will almost entirely eliminate the mess.  This is a great case where more is certainly not better.  The recommendation is about a gallon of product, we are probably closer to 3 qts. and it is working great
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline GKitson

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2013, 10:43:01 AM »
Update on our Shur-Loc Squeegee Clean Experience:  After 6 weeks of use and hundreds of cleanings the apparatus finally got to the point it was in need of a clean.  It was simply sliding around ink sludge and needed fixed.

25-30 minutes of time was all that was necessary to remove from stand, drain & strain remaining sludge/solvent through 140 mesh for re-use, wash down, apply ink degradents, power wash the brushes (they are blue again), wipe down, pour back stained water solvent mix, added another quart of Saati IR-4 and fill to useful level, and put back on stand.

I can conservatively say the machine saved us 30-60 minutes of shop time every day so my investment ROI is about 3 months, after that all savings go directly to the bottom line.

I love it when something works as advertised.

~Kitson

Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline shurloc

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2013, 07:09:39 PM »
Glad everyone is liking the Squeegee Clean! If you haven't taken the plunge yet, go find us on Facebook, like us and post that you want $100 off a Squeegee Clean on our page and I will do it for you... The bosses are out for the weekend again so - I'll do something crazy! That makes them $495 just like that the 'launch special' we had at Long Beach... So, if you are still waiting, this is a good time to snag one... That said, we had a few tips and tricks come in over the past 6 months on how to make it run even better...

1) Don't rotate the brushes too much - a slow crank or two while you are pushing the squeegee through is plenty to keep the brushes clean.
2) Don't overfill it - putting more than a gallon in will just splash and make a mess.
3) Get a few $1 Store drip trays or trays from Home Depot to catch the run off from the edges. Pour it right back in to the cleaner when you are done.
4) Use a low suds chemical mixture - the IR4 does a pretty good job of staying in the box, but some of those other guys can turn your shop in to a foam dance in a hurry!
5) If you decide to try the 'drill adapter' make sure you use a variable speed drill set to about a revolution per second, anything more than that and you will be cleaning the ceilings... :)

Anyways, the offer stands! Friend, post, and call me! - Ron (shurloc.com/facebook)

Online at: www.shurloc.com - Like Us On Facebook: shurloc.com/Facebook - How To Videos: shurloc.com/YouTube - Follow Us For Updates: shurloc.com/Twitter