Author Topic: Mesh counts....  (Read 4684 times)

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
Re: Mesh counts....
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 10:34:47 PM »
I print manually with Newman M3 frames, 23x31. I rarely go coarser than a 155 mesh these days. I typically use 155, 200, 230 and 300. Water base inks. With the tension kept high it requires very little pressure to print.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline FSUp Clothing

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 10:35:18 PM »
Thanks for the info. I didn't look around much after I saw the call "1-800-xxx-xxxx" for dealers. I read some awful reviews from the last year or two and was scared off some what. You may have tempted me again with the info of the new mesh panels. The mid 20's shouldn't be too hard to achieve I hope as far as newtons. I may buy 4 or 5 and try them out.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 10:37:59 PM »
look into the EZ frames too. Especially now that they are offering the retrofit kits, they are a good buy. The original frames are very nice too, expensive but built like a tank and should last forever (and I really mean for ever!)

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ftembroidery

• !!!
  • Just got new glasses, but I'm still disillusioned
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 10:39:30 PM »
Had I not recently purchased about 75 Newman Roller Frames and Shur-Loc panels, I would have most certainly bought the Shur-Loc EZ's
Grant me the ability to change the things I can, the strength to accept the things I cannot and the wisdom to recognize the difference.