Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 554544 times)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
What have you printed lately?
« on: April 08, 2011, 12:08:40 PM »
I guess this could be a sticky if someone was so inclined, but I was thinking of having a single thread where members could just throw pics on of current or past prints.  If someone just wants to post pics without much serious discussion on it that would work great, but if someone wishes to discuss a certain print in detail they could always start a new thread.  What are y'alls thoughts on this? 

Here are some pics of a job we did this week.  Iphone pics, sorry.  Customer was very tight about the number of colors so we had to skimp out a little bit and use black halftones on top of the tan to create that strange brown.  That was the only difficult part, we had to tweak the artwork a little and I had to put the black on a 305 and print it at 18 inches/second to keep the dot gain down to an acceptable level.
The first 2 pics were printed 1. Tan/Brown 2. Flash 4. Gray 5. Light Navy 6. Brite Red 7. Flash 9. Black 10. White

This one 1. 80% halftone UB 2. Flash 4. Tan 5. Light Navy 6. Brite Red 7. Flash 9. Black 10. White

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Clark

Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 11:38:23 AM »
Here some recent stuff from the last couple weeks.  I have some cool projects coming up that I'm excited to post.   2 motorcycle sim process jobs and a car show sim process job.  I'l post those up when they go to print.  There is something wrong with all of these, that's why they are on the wall and not with the customer.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 01:44:53 PM »
Sweet.  We did a crawfish boil job a few weeks ago.  They had one of their employees draw this up with the colors they wanted and we just duplicated their sketch as best we could.  It wasn't a very difficult print, but I wish we could have had the control over the artwork.  It has a discharge underbase, and I also flashed this one after printing the gray.  It was a larger run and the buildup with the gray was bad since it was an ink that we mixed with several other colors that had a very questionable origin.  I'll be glad when we finally run through all the crap ink we bought from that shop that went out of business.  We bought their entire ink inventory and some of the ink is over 15 years old.  We only have about 20 gallons left!

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Clark

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 02:04:52 PM »
Looks good Alan.  The crawfish shirts I posted up are heading down your way.  That job fought me pretty bad as it was 7 colors and could only use one flash. I ended up having to choke the highlite white a point to keep it from muddying up with the Navy outline. Definitely wasn't my best work, but considering the turn-around time needed, and the problems we were having, they were happy.  One of those jobs where you cross your fingers....

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 02:21:38 PM »
We've done a lot of crossing of the fingers lately.  We've had some monster jobs coming through that have really tested our process.  I need more newmans and good mesh.  I've got 15 newmans to stretch and I'm stumped on which mesh I want to put in them.  I'm leaning towards murakami smartmesh s threads, the only thing that I'm hesitant about is we are running into a mesh protection issue with one of my guys.  There is only 3 of us and I can't figure out which one of them is the one mishandling our screens right now.  It stings when I'm finding one screen every other week that has a nick or a tear in it, and 9 times out of 10 its right in the damn middle of the screen.  We've gone entire years without having a screen bust or a rip, so this recent activity is disheartening.

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 08:45:09 PM »
Nice looking prints guys. We finally brought in some smartmesh to help out with penetration issues when printing white discharge under bases. Alan, there is nothing worse than screens being mistreated, hope you get that issue resolved.
Dale Hoyal

Offline shellyky

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 09:37:50 AM »

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 10:08:00 AM »
Love the Devastator. Is that that dinosaur smoking wacky-tabacky and flyin' the bird?
Dale Hoyal

Offline shellyky

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 10:09:21 AM »
now that you mention it--yes. LOL And I dont think that is grape soda.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 10:24:56 AM »
Niceeee

Offline Donnie

• !!!
today
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 10:01:54 PM »
Printed this today for the Snake Hunt

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 10:13:35 PM »
Nice one Donnie. What screens did you use on that one? Josh said you were going to run one of his soon.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 10:26:48 PM »
Looks good Donnie!

You are tackling harder and harder stuff, 'you thinking about sending out to the competition?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 12:27:56 AM »
What screens did you use on that one?

White 230
Grey 305
Yellow 305
Tan 305
Brown 305
Red 305
Black 305

50 dpi 22.5 lpi

'you thinking about sending out to the competition?

Don't see myself in that league.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 03:18:19 PM »
Here's one we did shortly ago, 2 greens, 278 blue, cool grey 10 and 2 transparent whites, the small letters very transparent, the larger letters, not so much... this was before we fixed the obvious issue at the bottom

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't